Friday 24 June 2022

Hourglass Cosmetics Phantom Volumizing Glossy Balm review




If you've been on a quest for juicy, plump like, glossy lip then today's product review has your interest. I definitely, am enjoying the mask free photo moments, it's been a while. Hasn't it?

I am talking about the glossy finish that does not feel like gloopy glue on the lips. The gloss that travels all over the place beyond  the lip line. It's about the all new HourGlass Cosmetics Phantom Volumizing Glossy Balm in Mist. It has me onboard, I can see why it's an instant Hit! The light sheer hint of colour in the gloss is what does the trick for me.





A light layer of lip balm after my makeup, I lightly outline my lips in a nude colour in a darker hue and I fill the rest of my inner lips with this glossy balm. It looks fabulous, it looks luscious and plump and looks super pretty in pictures. 

Formula wise, I feel it's quite standard with the rest that are available however the range of colours offered is my exciting factor. You can really play along with the eight shades offered to your mood, to your vibe from HourGlass Cosmetics Phantom Volumizing Glossy Balm. It's that blast from the 90's feel for me. Right after the matte lip phase, came this 'my lips but better gloss' kind of finish. I am loving it! This glossy balm retails for SGD 56.00, comes in eight variations.




What is it even better is the overall aesthetic feel for this glossy balm, the gold reflective twist-up pen (holds 10.7gms of product) You already know that I am a sucker for all things, Bond Girl vibe like! No different for this lip product, love how it looks when held in my hands.


It dispenses just like a lipstick hence I don't need a mirror when I am touching up after meals. I chose the shade Mist (a sheer translucent mix of pink and peach) My kind of lip colour, exactly. There was another shade that I initially wanted to pick up too, it's called Slip (a lighter warmer brown hue) 





I quite like to have my makeup stash have multi-uses to them, I just guessed this glossy lip balm could possibly double up as a blush or a highlighter too if I ever feel like. This glossy balm is by far the lightest on the lips as it's super thin.

It immediately has the tingling sensation on the lips and it is fun to re-collect some school memories when I first stumble upon makeup. The cool tingling sensation as I have mentioned is helpful when combatting with after lunch energy slump. How else could I better describe it as; just like a mouth refresher. 




The only downside to it is that since it's formula feels super light on the lips and thin, it doesn't last as long as an overnight lip mask/balm. It performs very much like a gloss, it does transfer a little too often.

I would suggest teaming the glossy balm with a heavier textured lip liner like Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Liner in Iconic Nude, it should keep the glossy balm longer on the lips. This is how I wear the shade in Mist

Let me know if you are up for this glossy balm too!


Stay Safe



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig