Friday 17 July 2020

MAYBELLINE SUPERSTAY INK CRAYON SWATCHES AND REVIEW




An impulse buy just before the Circuit Breaker was announced here in Singapore. It's been a while since I was last seen at a drugstore hence I just wanted to have a look see what's new at our local shores and the Maybelline SuperStay Ink Crayons caught my eyes!

I by now can say with assurance that many of my everyday lip colours are somewhat almost close to looking like one another. I  mean it and I am not joking! Over the years, I have collected quite a number of lipsticks and lip shades!



I picked up two shades as there were just these two shades available. The rest were out of stock, it was new to me though and I guess everyone else had first dibs to the ink crayons. I had picked up Make It Happen and Run The World  

Both shades are remarkably smooth on the lips, it glides with ease and pigmentation is amazing. Of course, the lighter of the two shades; Run The World is the easier shade as it requires not much of a fuss.



The ink crayon comes in a twist-up packaging, a box standard lipstick that we all love! Each packaging comes individually coloured according to the shade inside the tube. Each lipstick contains 1.2 gms or about 0.04 z of lip colour.

The only downside to it is that is made in China, meaning to say that it is not cruelty-free. A minus for me.




This lip crayon is a self-sufficient product as it is well equipped with a sharpening tool that keeps the pointy tip sharp for precise application. It gives much needed precision and I have not had trouble with the lip colour bleeding into the lines. No mess has been observed.

The formulation is smooth and it lends a very satin like finish on the lips, it lasts for about two hours or so. It does tend to transfer a bit with deeper and darker lip shades. I didn't want to share the standard boring lip swatchds on the back of my wrists. It doesn't do much, I personally feel.




I enjoy the price tag on this product and the variety, it offers. I wish there were more shades available to choose from and better if it was cruelty-free. I still like it for where it stands during this current pandemic.

I hope you enjoyed reading today's blog post, I shall catch you very soon.

Please remember to regularly wash your hands, stay responsible!


Stay Safe!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig