Friday 11 February 2022

TARTE SHAPE TAPE CONCEALER REVIEW

 


The most infamous concealer that won the hearts of so many concealer loving beauty junkies. It is none other than Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealers in original formulation and the new and improved Ultra Creamy variant. Get ready, we are going to dive deep into reviewing this concealer.


First up, I will say it yet again that I am of a medium complexion with golden undertones. My needs for my concealer to brighten and liven up my underye shadows, camouflage the discoloration from broken capillaries and to even out my undereye area to the rest of my facial plain.

I also must have a full-on coverage whenever I am in need to pin point pesky post acne-scars, especially during that special time of the month. My expectations are specific and of course, the wear has to last throughout the course of day. There is not enough time for a makeup refresh amidst a long day facing the computer at home, for now.





It also gave me the span of a day's worth of wear test time on the concealer. The two shades that were kindly sent to me were Medium Tan Sand and Tan. As you can see from my hand, the swatches look very different, one a very neutral close match while the other has a peachy undertone and a slightly lighter shade.

I have had fun working with the Tarte Shape Tape Ultra Creamy version as I have noticed that my under eye area experiencing a little bit of a draught. Maybe, it is time to watch closely on the quality of my sleep. I need to be more disciplined with getting enough sleep.

I don't see a huge inconvenience with this concealer as I have gotten into the habit of wiping down all of my makeup products at the end of my beauty routine. I have heard of the mess, it could potentially get your vanity counter into.




For the original Tarte Shape Tape formulation, I enjoy using it for the rest of the facial plains for it's matte finish, great at covering post acne scars and great longer wear time. It stays put well when blended properly and set quickly after. There are days that I rush before my morning zoom with just concealer for my face. 

It blends with ease, long staying power and when blended properly; it is on most days crease-free. Do not let the big applicator tip scare you as just a little dab dab goes a long way and I could safely say that it could easily last you a minimum of three months with daily use.


I could make out the big difference when I do take a slower approach to my makeup routine.
I need to get back to the habit of priming, foundation, concealer and powder soon. Yikes, I love the new and updated Ultra Creamy variant for it's forgiving movement while offering camouflage for my under eyes. 




The Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer is available online and instores at Sephora and I believe it has a good shade range of up to almost thirty shades. The concealers are priced at SGD 42.00 for 10ml, perhaps score a discount. Keep a look out for it!

Let me know if you'd like this concealer, I'd love to hear about your thoughts.


Love,



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig