Friday 4 February 2022

MILANO COOKIE RECIPE





Impress your loved ones, this season of hearts with a melt in your mouth wafer like cookie. I was especially drawn to two packs of Pepperidge Milano Cookies. I could not help myself but yearn to have them more.

I mostly bake out of convenience as I don't have to step out of my kitchen. This milano cookies got me wondering if I could be at all successful if I try to whip them out by myself. It took about three attempts before I finally was able to pipe the mixture down onto baking paper without it flooding my baking tray. This I don't share it anywhere else but here. 






This mixture could easily make about 50 milano cookies at a time. Do bear in mind that serving size will only yield 25 cookies as these lovely cookies will be sandwiched with a chocolate filling in the middle.

The one thing that I had been doing wrongly was not using an electric beater, I usually stick to my spatula and whisk with my hands. The butter will be a bright yellow at room temperature, this butter must be continuously be beaten for at leave five minutes. What you'd get at the end of the long five minutes of beat, is a pale and fluffy butter. Now, we add the sugar and the rest of the powders and wet ingredients.




It makes such a perfect afternoon snack for matinee movie dates with the family alongside with tea. Here's the recipe, I have shared below for you to try it out.


Milano Cookies

Ingredients;

  • 115 gms unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
  • 100 gms snow sugar powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract OR vanilla essence
  • 1 egg at room temperature
  • 150 gms of plain flour
  • A pinch of salt

Chocolate Filling;

  • 150 gms Dark Chocolate Chips or Block 
  • 35 gms of unsalted butter


Method:

  1. Keep all the ingredients out at room temperature. Preheat the oven to 160 Deg Cel, fan forced setting.
  2. Using an electric beater, beat the butter for at least five minutes until light and fluffy (this is key)
  3. Then add the sugar, vanilla essence, egg until well combined.
  4. Then using a spatula, sift in the flour and salt and slowly fold it on. 
  5. Just until it's combined, scoop the mixture into a piping bag with a large round piping tip.
  6. Pipe out strips of five centimeters of dough onto the baking sheets. lined with parchment paper. Leave it to chill in the freezer for at least five minutes.
  7. Bake it for about twelve minutes, swap the trays at mid-time for an even bake on the cookies.
  8. Transfer onto a cooling rack while we melt the chocolate and butter over a double boiler method. Sandwich the melted chocolate mixture and enjoy.

You could get really creative with these, you could try sandwich these cookies with Biscoff spread, Mint Chocolate, strawberry jam and even Nutella! Children could join in to have their hands on experience while putting the sandwich cookies together.

Have a Blast! Hope you enjoyed today's recipe on the Blog, perhaps I would try to include more Bakes in 2022!



Stay Safe


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig