Friday 30 July 2021

FINDING THE JOY IN SMALL THINGS

 


Just like the first half of 2021 is fast behind us, in the most strangest way possible. At times, I find myself pausing ever so often in the amidst of confusion, shock and disoriented. The recent happenings in my geographic location left me feeling exhausted. I do not want to swing by social media platforms; do you too? What an irony it is, being an influencer to feel the exact opposite?

If you too are struggling with the expectations placed on what we post online, do know that you're not alone. It could also simply be scrolling on social media and knowing when to take a step back and enjoy the smallest of things. We sometimes, take it for granted.




Setting online boundaries is no longer a need, a necessity now. There are incessant ways and way too many circumstances when/where we compare ourselves to heavily made up and supremely digitally re-touched images of picture perfect Celebrities. 

These days, I've tapered down to posting twice weekly and that has changed how I feel about being online too. Many times, my content being replicated elsewhere in the Internet. This takes away my focus of achieving milestone in terms of growth, are stifled. 





I am eternally grateful for the opportunities that I have encountered yet there will be setbacks. Social media has opened many many doors to connect with people who have shown me love and support from my YouTube start-up phase. It is still helping us, stay connected during this unforeseen pandemic. 

Another way to finding joy in the smallest of things is to spending time alone, by myself. There used to be a time, I never want to be all by myself and now I do.. I guess this is how personal growth looks like. I try to keep my phone away in the mornings at least for the first hour of waking up. I try to spend my mornings in a few other ways;


  • about ten minutes to stretch in bed
  • wake up without an alarm during the June School Holidays
  • enjoy my cup of coffee
  • try to squeeze in some reading
  • Two cups of warm water, sometimes with a squirt of half a lemon
  • Yoga routine at least five times, a week

It was during this phase, the penny dropped and loudly for me! That there will be things outside of my comfort zone now I remind myself to just let them be!

Schedule your vaccination soon and let's keep our fingers crossed..


Stay Safe and Hydrated,



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig