Sunday 1 May 2016

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color Review | TheLeiaV

Hey Guys!

Welcome back to TheLeiaV!! Today, I have another product review for you and thank you very much for the positive response on my last product review. Gosh, you're so amazing!!
Alright, this week's review is on Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color. I purchased mine from my nearest Watsons outlet at Causeway Point, the product retailed at SGD 21.90 and I recall seeing about 4 of 5 shades from this collection.

I went on to Revlon's official website to check more about this product and claims. Apparently the collection has a total of eight(8) shades; 
  • Seduction
  • Obsession
  • Passion
  • Flirtation
  • Addiction
  • Devotion
  • Love
  • Temptation

The claims on this product are as follows;
  • Lightweight, high-definition velvety matte color
  • Moisturizing, velvety feel
  • 100% wax-free, gel formula

________________________________________________


Let's quickly have a look at the overall appearance of this lip product, I do like the frosted, high end like packaging.

 I especially was intrigued at the applicator tip. From the side, it appeared to me like an inverted ice-cream cone shape tip that means that it has a lot of product on both sides to work with.

Imagine, one quick swiping action to fill in the lips when in a hurry or on the go. Yaay!

______________________________________________

First Impressions - Demo & Review


As I applied the lip color for the first time, it had a very thin, cushion and balm-like texture on the lips. It almost felt like I was applying a lipgloss.

I also noticed a distinct fragrance to this lip product, it smells of a thick cough mixture but thankfully, it disappears almost as soon as it goes onto the lips. I was not able to smell it anytime, I want to say after 2 minutes or so.

The pigmentation was not too sheer like a lipgloss neither was it too opaque like our favored liquid lipsticks. 

In the first 30mins of wear, the formulation was very comfortable on the lips but there was no signs of drying down to a matte finish. Instead, it appeared to have a creamy, semi-matte finish with a sheen on the lips. It did not go on or stay matte though.


I thoroughly enjoyed the balm-y, lightweight feel on the lips but that just means it transfers almost too easily. Perhaps, because of the slip in the formulation of this lip color. There was a considerable amount of transfer with the kiss test and as I was sipping water through filming the review on this lip color. My mug showed proof of the color transfer.


Another set back for me was to maintain the intensity of the pigmentation as the packaging, regular touch-ups will be necessary. Lighter colors from this range, could afford a skip after mid-morning breaks, lunch and tea-time but extra effors are required for the darker shades from this line.

Overall I like the product because of its comfortable wear, a refreshing change to the ultra drying reign of liquid lipstick. At the end of a work day, my lips shrivels up and almost twitches when I reach out for another day of liquid lipstick.

I hope you enjoy this week's blog post, come back next week for more. Don't forget to head over to my happy place, the YouTube platform as I bring you more about this week's product review.
Please Subscribe to show your support and I will see you next week!


Lots of Love, 

________________________________________________



♥♥♥   Find me here!!!! ♥♥


Instagram: shanthiarumugam

Twitter: Shanthi Arumugam

Facebook: Shanthi Arumugam-Vimalan

Spotify: Shanaru6

Snapchat: shanaru6
Roposo: shanthivima


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig