Friday 8 January 2021

MAKE UP FOR EVER MATTE VELVET SKIN MULTI-USE CONCEALER REVIEW



While my foundations took a back seat, my concealers had a moment to shine and were handy during zoom meetings (work from home situations)

There is a new concealer introduced in the later end of 2020, that's the Make Up For Ever Velvet Matte Concealer, available in twenty shades priced at SGD 45.00 and available at Sephora

This is primarily for a range of dry, combination and oily skin types, offering a velvet matte finish with full coverage in a liquid formulation. The packaging on this concealer too, is equipped with a gigantic doe foot applicator in the same vein as three other quite similar concealer products introduced much earlier to us.



This concealer is waterproof as I have attempted to wash this concealer away without a makeup removing wipe or solution, it stays on! With this, it is needless to say that it is indeed transfer-proof! It is a velvet skin finish sort of matte.

It has a build-able coverage, goes on opaque! Having said this, this concealer in particular creases under my eyes, gives a slightly caked like appearance and I notice just a tiny pinch of creasing. This is not the case for the rest of the face though.

It is a dream, so easy to work it on to the rest of my facial plains. It hardly needs much setting as I work it on to my skin, it looks like it slowly sets well with my skin. I do still finish it off with a dusting of setting powder, routine or rather due to muscle memory!



I particularly find myself reaching for this concealer for extra needed coverage for my pesky post acne spots as I feel that the velvet matte finish looks a lot more skin like and I thoroughly enjoy that this hard-working concealer stays put throughout the day even behind masks.

I have alternated testing this product out with my other favourite concealer which I still love and rave about mostly in 2020. You can read all about my full-on review here

In comparison, this Make Up For Ever Matte Velvet Skin Multi-Use Concealer feels way more drying when applied on the skin under the eyes. This is perhaps the case of my skin under the eyes is drier than the rest of my face. Do bear in mind that I am of an oily skin type hence this shift is new to me too!



It works like a dream on my hormonal acne, I experience.. Wait, I suffer from acne (during that time of the month around my jawline and on my neck. Pesky situation, that is the only time I feel the need to gorge on sweet salty crisps, chocolate and pastries. Still working on this, one day at a time!



I now use two concealers; one for my undereye and one for my concealing acne and post acne scars and lightly dust it down with a touch of setting powder and I am good to go! This is lovely for spot concealing. For days, I am in need of an added coverage situation; I simply top it off with a powder foundation. Spot concealing for the most part in 2020! 

Despite the formulation is said to be of full coverage, do not let this scare you as with application onto the skin and wear time feels weightless. It does not feel cake-y on my face however it gives the appearance of a cake-y or rather weighty finish underneath the eyes hence why I don't use it for under eyes concealing anymore.


This concealer is said to possibly give you a wear time of 24hrs, I have not worn makeup for that long though. I can safely assure you that the concealer when applied lightly and built with coverage does offer you a good coverage and wear time for up to 8hrs on me.

Zoom meetings start as early as 8am and I remove my makeup around 8pm and my concealer still looks like it is intact which is a huge plus. Mind you, I use very little make-up hence this will last me forever! Should you get it? I say why not?

Assisted testing is now available in Sephora from Phase 2, I however winged it and brought home the shade, 3.6 (a yellow toned concealer) I could still make it work with a little bit of mixing and matching with the rest of the face base products, I have on hand. Not an issue! 

I hope you enjoyed today's blog post on the Make Up For Ever Matte Velvet Skin Multi-Use Concealer Review, if you did then please pin this post onto Pinterest! I will catch you soon in my next post soon!


Love,



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig