Friday 11 October 2019

NAVRATRI LOOKS FOR 2019




Navratri Day 1 - Shailaputri

Navratri has a special place in my heart, this special festive spirit grew even more fond in me after I start relating how I grew up as a kid and the happenings during this nine day festival in the Hindu calendar.

It is officially the start of festivities, towards the closing of the year from the point Aadi starts (somewhere closer to the end of August). There will be plenty of opportunities to visit temples and to be dressed in traditional Indian Ethnic wear.


Navratri Day 2 - Brahmacharini

The Brahmacharini look was received exceptionally well and this was one look that was an instant hit with the first attempt. It was the least confident look as this is the only look from the remaining eight looks that had white and grey with silver accessories.

A look that I have not tried before and I didn't quite know what to expect for an end result.


Navratri Day 3 - Chandraghanta While trying to educate my 7yo about the significance of the nine days called 'Navratri', it was her questions that got me thinking of a creative way of re-telling the purpose of 'Navratri!' 

What better way to tell a story creatively to a young child, then playing dress up? After all, she comes from a different generation of Marvel and comic book superheroes. Just like that, I had then decided to share my creative take on the nine goddesses celebrated over the span of these nine days. Simply, playing around with the makeup, clothing and accessories at hand. Decided to click pictures of it and also share it on my social platforms.
Navratri Day 4 - Kushmanda


Since the posting of the nine looks from last year, numerous compliments and DMs with warm and sweet messages online came pouring in. It was astounding and very heart warming to have received such unanticipated responses.This only fueled me further and I started working on putting this nine looks from as early as January in 2019. This project made me eagerly look up accessories I had once excitedly had been collecting. Unfortunately, after sometime they get pushed to the back of the dresser however these gems  re-surfaced while sourcing for the right accessories for the nine looks.

Navratri Day 5 - Skandamata

Since there many requests for another series of nine looks for the follwing year for 2019, careful planning and project management were allocated for this particular project titled 'Navratri 2019'. Many months were spent earlier in 2019 researching on images, various looks, outfits, magazine articles online and so much more. Accessories, ethnic wear and aesthetics were looked up and taken note of, pictures, color combinations were considered.



Navratri Day 6 - Katyayani


Navratri Day 7 - Kalratri


Navratri Day 8 - MahaGauri

Mood boards came into play, drafts were considered. Many makeup attempts were shot on camera and pictures were collated for comparison and for improvising.

A small group of online families were contacted for the first drafts to collect feedback and criticism, aiming to do better and bigger.


Navratri Day 9 - Siddhiarti

It was interesting and eye-opening to learn how Navratri is celebrated in a variety of ways in different parts throughout India and how each of the nine goddesses and their aesthetics have slight and beautiful differences and the many stories relayed to celebrate their victories over evil.

I for sure, had a Blast creating these looks, some were challenges and one was a breeze and I learnt so much alongside with my Missy!

That's it for today's blog post, I really hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I loved writing this post!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig