Friday 7 December 2018

ZOEVA COCOA BLEND KIT FIRST IMPRESSIONS + MAKEUP TUTORIAL



Since it's the year end holiday season, I had decided to tick off some products I've been wanting to try out for the longest time ever. In particular Zoeva eyeshadow palettes, I have been hearing so much raves on their various palettes and I can't quite pinpoint the reason why it took me this long to get on the Zoeva bandwagon.

I have been a huge long time fan of their makeup brushes, they are of great value for money, amazing quality and super soft on the skin, easy to maintain. I probably need to sit myself down and make a lengthy review on their brushes alone.



If you'd like to watch me explain and demonstrate more about the Zoeva Cocoa Blend Kit, click the link below;

Let's come back to the cocoa blend palette, I decided to make use of the Black Friday discount offered at Sephora and snagged this baby. This is the Zoeva Cocoa Blend Kit, it comes in a set of four products mainly, 

The cocoa blend eyeshadow palette draws inspirations from truffles and marzipan with complementing peach bush and champagne highlight with a finishing touch of a mauve-y lip shade. I can't help but notice how beautiful the packaging almost like a saree with it's diamond print across the palette. The eyeshadow palette does not come with a mirror and that's the only draw back. It has a regular cardboard type of packaging which I am not mad as it's light on the hand.




The two palettes are slim, sturdy, easy to pack and definite travel friendly makeup products. You just have to throw in a hand size compact mirror in case you forgot that they don't have attached mirrors. The cocoa blend eyeshadow palette has ten shades in total, four matte and the rest are of satin and slightly shimmer shades depending on how you apply the shadows.




If you're an eyeshadow junkie, this palette may excite you. I love the warm neutral shadows and this would look amazing on medium skin complexions for that natural effortless look. If you're on the paler spectrum of complexions the colors obviously would pop a lot better on your snow white skin. I see how this palette can work across many complexions with it's neutral base.


The rest of the kit contains the face palette with a pretty peach blush with a sheen finish and a gorgeous champagne highlight with a lip pencil and a liquid lipstick in a dusty mauve-y shade that has subtle berry and magenta undertone to it.

I got to say that I was pleasantly surprised at the intensity of the shades as well as how they layer well. All products from the Cocoa Blend kit blended effortlessly with no skipping observed.


My first impressions about the liquid lipstick is that it's texture reminds me of the Sephora Cream Lipstain range. It glided with ease on the lips and delivered one swipe color, there was no need to re-dip the applicator for a second coat of lip color. The complementing lip pencil though I feel could have been one or two shades darker for visibility purpose. The lip liner by itself I feel was too light due to my pigmented lips, it almost blends into my natural lip color that would be troublesome as I do need a tiny bit of help in the lining of my lips.

This kit retails for SGD 70.00 at Sephora, the palette alone retails for SGD 39.00 thus I think the kit would pack a greater value. If you're looking to gift a couple of makeup junkies, you can for sure get away with three gifts from this value pack.


Let me know if you'd like a in-depth review on this particular kit and I'll be glad to do one for you! That's it for today's post, I shall catch you very soon in my next video!


Love,
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig