Tuesday 4 December 2018

HAPPY HOLIDAYS BUTTER CAKE






I love me a tasty treat to accompany my afternoon coffee or any beverage that serves as a mid-day fuel especially in the month of December. Butter cakes are my favorite traditional ones, something nostalgic about the smell and tastes and I can white my tea plate clean without leaving any morsel left behind. Champion at that!

Cooler months are more prevalent in Singapore and it adds that December School Holidays are during this time, which makes this the best time for baking! I have started the ball rolling sooner this year as we've decided to have more days at home this holiday season.

It's sort of a throwback, no brainer recipe for a tasteful treat in a cool afternoon. This butter cake is easy if you are familiar with baking, even if you're not you can still give this a try! Minimal effort, I assure you of that! The ingredients are from Phoon Huat, this happened around ten days ago, with good reason.

This cake lasts well for about five days as it's freshly baked without any preservatives or artificial sweeteners. Scroll down to have a look at the recipe while I sink my teeth into another serving.








One cool thing about the cake is you can basically bake this easy peasy batter onto almost any baking tin, you can find at home. Circle, square, loaf pans or even bundt cake tins too. It sure looks different each time, I make it while the other tins are in rotation at home.

For extra festive flair and your kids will love this. Just have some powdered sugar on standby and dust them over the cooled cake for a beautiful snow effect on the cake. The recipe, I find it to be not too sweet and the powdered sugar may add extra sweetness to the cake. I hope you take the time to try this recipe out and share with me, if you did!

That is all for today, I shall catch you very soon in my next post soon!


Love,
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig