Tuesday 14 August 2018

MAKEUP WITH RISING PHOENIX | INDIE BRAND REVIEW



It's another product review again, this week! I had an opportunity to test out eye shadows from Makeup with Rising Phoenix, today I am going to share my first impressions and opinion about this brand and their luscious eye shadows.

The brand is US FDA approved, vegan, cruelty-free and handmade! Well, that's just great news for this local brand!


I came up with this eye look with these two eye shadows, Ares and Athena which are my two personal favorites. I was instantly drawn to these two shades when I had swatch-ed them on the inside of my hand. The swatches were pretty intense and they swept beautifully on the skin and there was no grit, noted. These two shadows are richly pigmented with a smooth metallic finish.

I wanted to experiment how they would ultimately fair on the eyelids and come up with a firmer opinion on the 'wear' quality of these shadows. I have mentioned before that swatches are not a definite representation of how shadows look and wear, some shadows are deposited well with a brush while others with the fingers. Unlike our arms, the skin on our eyes are different and it greatly impacts the final end 'look/result' of an eye shadow.

The shadows not only had great swatches, they perform well on the eye lids too with maximum color pay-off!

Here are the swatches of their single metallic eye shadows from their NEW Greek Pantheon & Mythology Monochrome/Subtle Duochrome range; 

  • Demeter - gold with a yellow/green undertone 
  • Hypnos - light brown with a mauve-y finish
  • Gaia - medium green with a mild neutral unertone, slightly chalky
  • Athena - purple with a deep blue undertone
  • Ares - dark pink with a rose gold finish


Each single eye shadow pan is packed with 26mm of it's content and has a click closure, similar to MAC single eye shadows pans.


The eye shadows used together in this eye look blended with ease and have superb color pay-off. I had also observed while there was just a teeny bit of kick back while picking up with a brush but not much fall out was noted on the upper cheek area. Impressive!


To see if I could amplify the look, just a tad bit further. I had tried adding the shade 'Yaksha' a pink shadow with gold and deep pink and purple shimmer particles in it. This shade complemented the eye look further and tied the whole look together.


Along with the single metallic eye shadows, my Makeup with Rising Phoenix care package came with two Trio Palette called the 'Faeries and Furies'. These are supposedly their Shimmer Trio's Summer Collection. Each shadow in it's Trio palette holds 20mm of product in it's pan, the travel friendly eye shadow palette has a small rectangle mirror for easy application.


Here are the swatch details of the Faeries & Furies (Summer Collection), glittery duochrome eye shadows from top to bottom;

  • Alven - baby blue
  • Sylph - khaki green
  • Djinn - lilac
  • Apsara - medium green (with almost a foiled finish)
  • Nibelungen - deep bronze
  • Yaksha - dual tone pink/purple
I see great potential in the two shimmer trios as they can possibly have a different finish, each time with different colored bases. If it's not mentioned before these shadows could also be used as shadow toppers. You can create a myriad of finishes, duo chrome and with the right methods achieve holographic looks too. These are some trending eye makeup looks that's spotted in this year's Asia's fashion shows.


If you'd like to purchase these eye shadows and would like to learn more about, Makeup with Rising Phoenix, click here!

That's it for today's blog post, I hope you enjoyed this post and I shall catch you very soon, my next one!


Love,

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig