Saturday 11 August 2018

ELIXIR OF LUMOS, VIYAAN SKINCARE REVIEW



What's up Loves! I hope the long National Day weekend has got you loads of rest, junk and/or gourmet food and sleep. While we're being kept busy at it, how about a product review for the Indian festive months ahead of us? We have Onam, Rakhi and Raksha Bandhan around the corner, closer to the end of August.

Before we know, it's going to be full swing of weekly activities leading up to Deepavali in early November. What is special about this product review is that it's a local brand from our Singapore and I am pleased to discover more local Indian brands since the start of my Blog.

Viyaan recently sent me a package consisting of their latest, 'Elixir of Lumos' skincare range to test out. In this blog post, I am going to share with you my impressions and honest thoughts about this skincare range.

The face wash and the red clay mask were in their plastic packaging while just the serum was in a glass bottle and it's dropper applicator was packed separately in the box standard thin cardboard packaging. I have an un-boxing video up already, you can click the link below to watch it now;





The face wash has a bright orange goopy texture with small and sparse circular beads in it that effectively helps to lift off old skin cells from the skin's surface to reveal new skin from beneath. I like that the beads are not too much in a dollar coin sized amount. Unlike most facial washes that have a runny texture, this is a bit on a goopy-er textured spectrum.

Of all three products, the face wash has the mildest scent and I like the orange shade with the golden beads in it. You don't need too much of the face wash and I'd suggest that it's best to use the wash, the same way we use a scrub as it has circular granules like a face polish or scrub.


The Moroccan Red Clay Mask is a treat the moment, the lid comes off the tub. If you're big on fragrances, you can be sure to take second and third deep whiffs of this rich moroccan scent that sets your imagination into Mediterranean Night Market with flying carpets and men who resembles Aladdin. Yup, the scent on this mask will blow you away.

One other thing that I enjoy about this mask is that it lingers on, even when the mask dries and the scent is relaxing. A treat for the sense and beneficial to the skin as most clay based masks remove the toxins lingering on the skin's surface and regulates the sebum production.

For maximum benefits, clay masks like this Elixir of Lumos Mask needs to be used at least once every three days, if you have oily to very oil skin like I do. I would not at all recommend this to dry skin types as their skin concerns may vary, vastly.


The radiance boosting face serum is the most scented product from this range. I can get quite annoyingly descriptive and so I will try to keep it short. It smells like an Indian wedding in a bottle, that's pretty much it! I personally noticed notes of jasmine, flowers from an Indian wedding, rose water and likes.

The strength of the fragrance is very strong, that's how I can best describe it. When I opened up the serum bottle, even my husband took note of it when I was busy applying it when he happened to step into the room! That's how potent, the scent is!

So far with regular usage for the past four to five weeks, I have not observed this serum to cause any adverse reactions on me. There were no burning sensation, rash or break outs observed. More about the face serum, very much like it's facial wash with the goop-y texture as we're pretty have been used to runny serums and oils. This is a little different but it dries down quickly in under two minutes and the dropper applicator may have a different experience with the thick viscosity from the serum. Another way to use this lovely scented serum is to mix this with a non-perfumed body lotion and slather on your arms and legs.

You can lock in the scent further with a complementing body mist or eau de parfum with similar notes that could help leaving you scented for longer.





That's it for today blog post, I really enjoy using the Elixir of Lumos range from Viyaan Sg. I hope that you may consider giving this range, a try. Check out Viyaan's official page at; https://www.viyaan.net/

I shall catch you very soon, in my next blog post!


Love,

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig