Friday 8 June 2018

Berry Halo Smokey Eye Look Tutorial



Hey Loves!

Today's blog post is a pic-torial on this Berry Halo Smokey Eye Look that was requested by a TheLeiaV member Mary from Thrissur, Kerala!


Mary had requested for a soft smokey Berry Eye Look, a while and I hope I did her good! I have used my favorite palette, ABH Modern Renaissance Palette that are so beautifully pigmented and will suit women of color well!


If you'd like to see the makeup tutorial version of this look, then click here to watch it now!




Below is the complete list of products, used to create this makeup look. Listed just for you;

Face


  • TBS InstaGlow CC Cream in Peachy Glow
  • NYX Total Control Drop Foundation in Medium Olive
  • Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer in Medium
  • L.A.Girl.Pro.Conceal.HD.High-Definition Concealer in Medium Beige
  • Sephora 8HR Mattifying Pressed Powder in Medium 30 Sand


Highlight, Contour & Blush


  • Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Unstoppable
  • ABH Contour Kit in Light to Medium
  • Makeup Revolution Ultra Pro Glow


Eyes & Brows


  • Innisfree Auto Eyebrow Pencil in Espresso brown
  • Colorpop Eyebrow Pencil in Bangin' Brunette
  • MAC Paintpot in Soft Ochre
  • Sephora 8HR Mattifying Pressed Powder in Medium 30 Sand
  • KVD Pastel Goth Palette (Clementine and Skull)
  • ABH Modern Renaissance (Love Letter, Red Ochre, Vermeer and Cyprus Umber)
  • NYX Liquid Crystal Liner in Crystal Liner
  • Essence Super Precise Eyeliner in Black
  • Essence I Love Extreme Mascara in Black
  • Rimmel London Scandal'Eyes 24hrs Kohl Kajal in Nude


Lips


  • Sephora Cream Lip Stain in no. 41


Now let's have a look at the step-by-step pic-torial!






The first steps to ensuring the eye shadow pigments show up true to their pan shades, it is important to invest in a good quality eye shadow primer that'll help hold the pigment on the eyelids for an extended period of time. I have used MAC Paintpot in Soft Ochre.

The primer was applied to the overall lid area and the lower lash line too. Once the base is on, I set the primer down with powder with smooth patting motion.







Using a nice sized fluffy blending brush, I picked up the 'Clementine' shade from KVD's Pastel Goth Palette and swept it across the areas above my crease and brought that shade down the lower lash line for a nice wash of transition shade.




With a denser fluffier brush that has some flat lay, I picked up the shade 'Love Letter' from the ABH Modern Renaissance palette and swept below the transition shade.



Going in with a smaller size of a similar brush, I picked up the shade 'Red Ochre' and snugged it across the area below 'Clementine' and 'Love Letter' for a nice gradient.


Going back to the first brush without picking up anymore shadow, I used the brush by itself to buff out any harsh lines.




Next step was to cut the crease, I used the same eyeshadow primer MAC's Soft Ochre and repeated the process of setting the powder down again.



For the cut crease shade, I used the dual ended brush that came with the palette and picked up 'Vermeer' and mist it with a facial mist before laying it flat onto the cut crease area.

With a damp brush, more pigment is collected and intensified when placed on the lid.





To finish the outer crease, I picked up an art brush that has an angle on it like an eyebrow pencil to pick up 'Cyprus Umber' and lightly smoke out the 'outer v'.


Going back to the first brush, I pat the two shadows in between for a smoother blend of colors.




On a brow line brush, I picked up the shade 'Skull' to define the brow bone area. 


Going back to the first brush, I moved it in windshield wiper motions to soften any harsh lines.


For that added sparkle (optional), I dabbed the NYX Crystal Liner Glitter so that it looks pretty when the light hit the spot.





I finished the rest of the eyes with a quick swipe of medium eye liner and topped it off with a nude kohl on the lower lash line and two coats of mascara.



For the lips, I wanted a no fuss one shade of lip color and chose a mauve-y brown shade from Sephora Cream Lip Stain Collection in no. 41





For the overall glow for the finished look, I chose complimenting highlight shades from Makeup Revolution Ultra Pro Glow Palette to dust on to the tops of the cheekbone, the nose bridge and the cupid's bow.




The look is now done and I hope you liked this pic-torial!


If you did then please do share this blog post with your family and friends and pin this up on Pinterest!


Meanwhile, I shall catch you very soon in my next blog post!



Love,

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig