Friday 15 June 2018

Eid Special - Smokey Sultry Eye Look


Hey Loves!

It's the eve of Aidil Fitri commonly called here, in Singapore! It's called Eid and Hari Raya Pusasa elsewhere elsewhere! It's the time to celebrate with warmth in the family and amazing briyani!

I wanted a simple makeup look that is not too fussy, with minimal effort. I stuck with the usual browns and subtle silver shadow for my mobile lid. Yet, I wanted a dramatic look on my eyes and opted for a smokey black eye that has a strong force on its wings!

I smoked out the wings for that dramatic middle-eastern vibe and kept the rest of the face neutral and soft!

The full list of products used to create this makeup look is listed, below for you;

Face

  • Benefit The Porefessional PRO Balm
  • NYX Total Control Drop Foundation in Medium Olive
  • Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer in Medium
  • L.A.Girl.Pro.Conceal.HD.High-Definition Concealer in Medium Beige
  • Sephora 8HR Mattifying Pressed Powder in Medium 30 Sand

Highlight, Contour & Blush

  • ABH Contour Kit in Light to Medium
  • Makeup Revolution Ultra Pro Glow

Eyes & Brows

  • Innisfree Auto Eyebrow Pencil in Espresso brown
  • MAC Paintpot in Soft Ochre
  • Sephora 8HR Mattifying Pressed Powder in Medium 30 Sand
  • Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette (Light brown, Medium brown and Silver shadow)
  • Essence Super Precise Eyeliner in Black
  • Essence I Love Extreme Mascara in Black
  • Rimmel London Scandal'Eyes 24hrs Kohl Kajal in Black

Lips

  • Gerard Cosmetics Lipstick in Nude
  • Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer





The first few steps are easy! As always, we have to start out with priming the eyelids with an eye shadow primer. We set the primer down with a powder then proceed with a transition shade and blend the color with a blending brush.



I wanted a silver shadow on the mobile lid for a subtle contrast. I picked up this silver shade with a packing brush and pressed it down all over the mobile lid.



To build more contrast and amp the distinct colors apart, I used a smaller pencil brush to pick up a medium brown shade just above where we placed the silver shade for definition on the crease.



I took the same medium brown shade on to the lower lash lines and blend it softly.





The next steps are to draw out lines, thickness of your choice on to the upper and lower lash lines. I used a black kohl kajal to fill in the gaps on the lash lines to amp up the definition.



Using a thin slanted tip art brush, I picked up black shadow to soften and diffuse the liquid liner lines.



Next, is to load up the lashes with a few coats of black mascara to seal the deal.



To keep the focus on the eyes, I chose a pale nude shade that has a peachy nude undertone and a matching lip gloss to add a touch of glam.


Have a lovely Eid and Happy Feasting, to all celebrating! Have a restful weekend for the rest of us!

That's it for today's blog post, I shall catch you soon in my next post!


Love,

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig