Friday 11 May 2018

How to Achieve Flawless Foundation Finish



A flawless foundation finish can mimic an overall vibe that you have got your life together. I am going to share with you how I achieve this overall glowy Spring/Summer look on yourself too! Sit tight..

Over the years of trial and error, I've had some days when my foundation is sliding right off my face and some other times, it has a cake like appearance but wait, I'm not a cake! Although, I love them in my tum tum! Caked face just doesn't look good on anyone, unless you're a cake of course!

If you'd like to see my transformation, it's available on my YouTube Channel at;
www.YouTube.com/user/TheLeiaV

Click here to watch it now!





I used the Too Faced Hangover RX Primer that's great if your skin is in need of some hydration and topped it off with The Body Shop CC Insta Cream in Peachy Glow

I've noticed that some base products are great when layered upon and while some others they seem to repel each other and cause the foundation to separate after a couple of hours. This, I only got to know with all the testing and experimenting I've done on myself since starting Blogging and uploading videos on to YouTube.






For the base makeup, I am loving the NYX Total Control Drop Foundation in Medium Olive and lightly stamp the product into the skin with a flat top kabuki type brush and this maximizes the coverage that I need. Since this foundation is very build-able and super light-weight, it's a plus for the humid months ahead of us.

For the under eye darkness, I am still sticking to my L.A.Girl.Pro.Conceal.HD.High-Definition Concealers in Peach Corrector and Pure Beige and did the tiniest bit of highlight with my Maybelline Instant Age-Rewind Concealer in Medium. I didn't quite like this concealer in it's beginning stages but it's growing on me and I like for it's subtle highlight effect.

This combo of products layered before my foundation, I've found them to not fight with each other and compliment being together and making my foundation appear right and sit tight for a good wear time of about to minimum of six hours. That's until my surface oils starts showing and I have to get my trusty ol' oil blotting sheets and the foundation beneath still looks fine and nice.

My recommendation is to discover what your skin concerns are, start out with finding the correct products to iron out those pesky issues. Sometimes, I find that my skin is just in need of a good facial to simply clear out all of the clogged cores with a deep cleanse, exfoliation, steam and extraction and it's good to go.

I like The Body Shop CC Insta Cream in Peachy Glow for it's lending of it's peachy glow on the skin. If you are free from any skin issues, lucky you! You might enjoy the cc cream as it does contain a decent amount of SPF 30 in it but be sure to protect your skin from sun damage with a good sunscreen to prevent the early on set of wrinkles and premature ageing.

The final steps to completing this look are of course, highlight and contour. For contour, I've used ABH Contour Kit in Light to Medium and Makeup Revolution Ultra Pro Glow to glow all the way to the Solar System!

That's it for today's blog post, I hope you enjoyed it! If you did then do share this blog post on your FaceBook page and pin this on your Pinterest Board!

I shall catch you very soon in my next blog post!



Love,

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig