Tuesday 15 May 2018

Mother's Day Special Message



Hey Loves!

I hope you Lovelies had a fine weekend with your family! On Sunday, I was home with my 6 year old just chilling about in sweltering heat. We were out as a family for Mother's Day on Saturday instead, let me fill you in a little.

There is a special video up on my YouTube Channel, www.YouTube.com/user/TheLeiaV

Click here to watch it now;


It's only of recent times, I've become more of a minimalist and surprisingly it's lesser and lesser important to me when it comes to gifts and to be at fancy and expensive places. I am almost (confidently) over that phase where I need material possession to validate what I do and to ]signify my importance to others.

I found the traditional flower bouquets wither unforgivingly quick in this awful heat and wasteful on the pocket too. A good meal at an awesome place and being with my family (awesome company) is suffice for me, truly.

We as a family went to brunch at Revelry at 21 Lorong Kilat, I love their Eggs Benedict (I've had three times already and sometimes crave for it after 8pm on some nights) The light-weight waffles, creamy Hollandaise sauce and accompaniments and their baby spinach taste so good!! I especially love the fun hip cool decor and my kid loves it too!

We love clicking pictures next to the colorful elephant at the entrance and the place overall is so Instagram worthy. The food, I feel is reasonably priced, the quality and service speaks for itself. The location maybe a lil 'off' but it's conveniently located close by a MRT Station and if you're good with maps, you can easily get away with a bus service that gets you there. I can assure you that you would leave with a satisfied smile on your faces.

Once brunch was over, we headed down to Marina Bay Sands. We got down at Bayfront Station, walked a bit, took a boat ride in the Sampan and settled for tea at Starbucks.

I was craving for briyani (strange), I think it has got to do with an advertisement on Vasantham or cable TV that comes on often. 'How's my veg briyani?' A lady making efforts to make her husband's vegetarian briyani (the way he likes it) only to be led down that it's not the same as her mother. 

Maybe, I need to write in and explain how I as a woman feel when the husband compares my cooking to someone, regardless whoever it can be.. In this case, her mother.. Clearly, the husband needs some correction.. A quick rant, right there..

Where was I? Ahhh, yes! Mother's Day weekend.. Yes, it ended before I could go 'Yolo!'

If you've not heard this in a while then Mothers, we are a force to be reckoned with!

That's it for today's blog post, I shall catch you very soon in my next post soon!


Love,


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig