Friday 6 April 2018

Follow Me Around Sentosa



Hey Guys!

It's a vlog that I am sharing in my blog post, today! During the first term break in Spring, kiddy Punky has been asking us to organize a picnic and we felt that the one week holiday would be the best for this.

We had just randomly picked Monday to be the day of the picnic and had decided to visit Sentosa Island too. Why not, might as well settle for a cool place for sight-seeing and have a family picnic. The day before, we dropped by our neighborhood super market to pick up some supplies needed for the picnic. Our lil Punky was very helpful in the planning, preparation and packing processes.

She helped to choose a fruit of her choice, grapes and we picked up a couple of canned tuna and fresh eggs for some egg-y mayo sandwiches on wholemeal bread. We picked all of our supplies from NTUC Fairprice at Northpoint, that's conveniently located close to the MRT.

We walked about Palawan Beach and decided to cross over to have a closer look at the beach and settled in to a quiet spot for a quick lunch before we decide what to do next. We were just about to tuck in when I wanted to take a quick snap and short clips for my Instagram stories when I noticed a twig sticking it's tongue out. It turned out to be a monitor lizard that's over a meter long! No, thank you! 

We quickly packed everything in a state of frenzy and left the perfect picnic spot to avoid becoming the huge lizard playmate or worse it's lunch or dinner. As we head for another shelter, it started pouring for ninety odd minutes and we were starting to feel really bummed about the picnic. Once the rain showed hopeful signs of sunshine again, we flew straight to the closest coffee joint, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaves where we had our evening drink.

The day we decided on a light lunch, we got hungrier than expected. I'm just glad that we spared no thought to wasting food and over packing picnic supplies. We brought bottled water with us, a bag of tortilla chips, a party bag of Twisties and Oreo cookies, grapes, a green salad and the tuna and egg sandwiches.

We then decided to go on the Luge Ride and got our tickets! I am not a huge fan of heights and wasn't pleased with the thought of this ride, at all. Strange enough, I tripped over my left leg while getting off the cable and got caught beneath it. I literally had to roll away to get off the track to safety and scratched my left knee and some abrasions from the fall. Don't let my clumsy experience fool you, the Luge ride is really something and I would definitely go for it again. I probably just be extra cautious perhaps it's my tall frame.

Once the two rides were over, I still felt a little shaky as my hands and legs were trembling a bit, aftershock I guess. We proceeded to find food options for dinner and decided to head to Orchard. Dinner was settled at Swiss Marche at 313 Somerset and I decided to give in to my sweet tooth, a rich moist brownie topped with nuts and vanilla sauce.

If you'd like to see the vlog for yourself, click the link below to watch it now;


I hope you enjoyed today's blog post and I shall catch you very soon, in my next post soon!


Love,

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig