Tuesday 23 January 2018

Graphic Liner and Matte Lip Look



Hey Loves!

I hope you're doing ok? If you aren't why not have some fun with makeup? I'm sure it'll turn your frown into a smile. Ok, enough with cheesiness overload. Lol!


Today's blog post is going to be a makeup look centered post, specifically on this graphic eyeliner looks that are said to be trending in 2018. The moment, I stumbled upon this look.. I just knew that I have to give this a try, well maybe a couple of try.. To be exact, six times before I got comfortable to share with you techniques that worked well for me and my eye shape.

Pair this eye look with a faux ma-hawk and errr uhh my gawd, it looks so rock chic worthy! Not that I can rock a rocker chic look but hey, nothing's stopping me and I don't see why it should stop you too! So, let's get started on this graphic eye liner look. I just needed a couple of items from my makeup stash.

They are;

  • Mina Concealer in 104
  • detailed fine point brushes (I used art brushes on myself)
  • Inglot gel liner in no. 77 (deepest darkest black with a matte finish)
  • Rimmel London Scandal'Eyes Kohl Kajal pencil in Black
  • Rimmel London Scandal'Eyes Kohl Kajal pencil in Nude
  • Essence Get Big Lashes (Voluminous and Lengthening Mascara)

  • MAC Lipstick in Diva (matte finish)


I didn't want it to look like I can get as close to perfection hence which is why I share the difference in results on one eye differing from another. It happens, I'm no different. I tried to make it as symmetrical as I possibly can and yet my left eye has plenty of room for improvement. This is how it rolls!

Don't give up trying this bold liner look, with enough practice I am sure I will get it right too with more trying! Looks like five to six attempts are not good enough for me, I shall keep trying. I tied in the eye look with an almost matte finish lip color in Diva, my first MAC lipstick #funfact


If you're going for an ultra matte finish, blot the lip color down with a piece of tissue and dust some loose powder to remove any satin look behind. I enjoy the matte lip and the matte liner look and can't wait to perfect the dip and take awesome pictures for my Instagram feed!

Alright, that's all for this blog post. I really hope you enjoyed this graphic liner look that is forecast-ed to trend in 2018. If you do enjoy my blog posts then do sign up for TheLeiaV's monthly newsletter that is filled with inside sneak peaks and behind the scenes exclusively for you!

I shall catch you very soon, in my next blog post soon!


Love,
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig