Tuesday 8 August 2017

Rimmel London Brow Shake Filling Powder Review | TheLeiaV


I have been testing this product for over a few weeks now and have formed an opinion and liking for it. In today's blog post, I am going to share with you my review.

If you'd like to see a demo on the product and review, please click the link below to watch now!


I got my Brow Shake Filling Powder in no. 2 Medium Brown and there are about 4 shades listed in Rimmel London's official website. I recall seeing just two or three tester shades at Watsons, Takashimaya outlet. This brow product retails for SGD 12.90 and holds 0.7gms worth of content. This is my only concern, it'll be great if the packaging contains more product to makeup for it's steep price point. The brow shake contains way less product than most other brow products at the drug store.  

The unique selling point of this product is that the brow product is in a loose form unlike traditional brow products which are mostly in pencil forms and pressed versions. The ones that we're used to usually come with a wax or gel brow combo to set the brow hairs in place and some others have a spoolie end. Yet what interests me most is that the product needs to be shaken first, as it collects the loose powder onto the applicator for fuss free application for full feathery eyebrows with minimal effort.

Upon testing the brow filling powder out, I have not noticed spillage from the packaging. The applicator is fairly thin and rounded which lends even distribution of its' product over the brow hairs. I see how this will work well for people who have fairly thick eyebrows to begin with, who may have a few bald spots that needs a little help in the filling department.

The powder enhances and gives off very natural looking brows without making it look too thick or harsh (with a light hand). If you're after instagram worthy brows, feel free to skip this product. I had noticed that for a powder, it's formulation is long lasting and can last up to easily six to seven hours of wear time. On one day, it stayed put from 8am till I decide to remove my makeup off at 7pm. This is coming from an oily skin type girl like me as usually brow products too tend to slip and slide off the brows. 

The application tip is thin enough to taper nicely at the tail ends of the eyebrows. Though the product weigh less than most brow products, one time dip carries enough product to fill both the eyebrows without needing to re-dip.

This medium brown shade serves well to be an excellent everyday color for smoked out, hazy eyeliner look on the lash lines. Brows can be done within three minutes tops plus it's weightless packaging makes it's travel friendly if touch-ups are your thing.

It would have been nice if there were more varying shades for different undertones. If you'd like to have a much needed break from ABH products, you make like this brow product too as it's still very much within the drug store price range.



I hope you enjoyed this product review! Let me know in the comments if you've tried this product out and your thoughts about it.

I will see you very soon in my next post soon!


Love,

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig