Friday 9 December 2016

How To: Make a Cuppa Festive Hot Cocoa Drink | THELEIAV


It's the time of the year again where we sit back and reflect the few more weeks to the year end, how quickly time flies by. Wouldn't it be wonderful savoring a cup of steaming hot cocoa, as we do so?

I kept the temptation to reach out to the Coffee Joints pre-mixed jars of their specialty Festive drinks. Not just the price point/tag, I wasn't too sure if I can achieve the same end result. Plus, it would be a huge waste if it ends up collecting dust in a nook.

As I crave for a rich chocolate-y drink on colder nights to go along with Tanglin Drama series on Channel 5, I thought I could just perhaps give a shot at whipping up a DIY hot drink at home.

This is my tried and tested recipe, over a few weeks till I was satisfied


This video originally appeared on YouTube

Method:


  1. Bring the milk to a slow simmer
  2. Stir in the cocoa powder and sugar, if the mixture starts looking lumpy. Use a fork or a beater to dissolve the lumps.
  3. Leave it to a slow boil for 3 mins and pour the mixture into a cup.


Options

1. For a caffeine kick, try adding 5 gms or more (if you like it strong) your preferred ground coffee powder for a Mocha


2. For a Mexican twist, add a dash of finely ground cinnamon powder


3. For a Double Chocolate Peppermint Drink, add 20gms of semi-sweet chocolate chips into the hot cocoa mixture. 

For the minty back taste, try adding the tiniest drop of Peppermint Syrup or Extract. (Be extra careful with this, as it can quickly turn the drink into a mouthwash (if too much)

That's it for this week's blog post, I hope your homes are being filled with warm delicious scents of earthy cookies, pies and cakes!! Remember to take occassional breaks and try to sit back and enjoy the remains of 2016:) 


I will see you soon, in my next blog post.



Love,








♥♥♥   Find me here!!!! ♥♥♥



Instagram: shanthiarumugam


Twitter: Shanthi Arumugam


Facebook: Shanthi Arumugam-Vimalan


Spotify: Shanaru6


Snapchat: shanaru6


Roposo: shanthivimalan


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig