Tuesday 2 August 2016

DRAPING WITH COLOUR | THELEIAV


Hey Guys,

I have another blog post to share with you, this week!! It's all about the new emerging trend called, "Draping" which is essentially contouring with colour.



This trend originally from the 70's was founded by Way Bandy, an American Makeup-Artiste. Bandy customized his contour shades and the strategic colour placement based of his clients' unique facial features. During his time, Bandy made was well-known and he was the highest paid makeup-artiste in the fashion industry!!!


It was Marc Jacob's Summer Collection '16, that caught my attention to learn more about the, then old now new "draping technique"


I seeked a cost effective alternative to try out the "Draping" technique for myself and I settled for the Catrice Cosmetics, retailing for SGD 7.90 at my nearest Guardian Pharmacy. Score!!  


The darkest shade in this blush trio has a mauvey burgundy vibe to it, perfect for the emerging bold cheek statement trend.




Loading up a blush brush from The Body Shop, I swept the darkest shade from the blush palette onto the lower cheeks towards my hairline, like how I would do with a contour colour.


Since this blush had undertones that would complement my medium complexion, it did gave off a contoured appearance.




If you've gone a little overboard with the darker shade, pick up the middle shade on the same brush and apply blush like you normally would.

Go bold if you'd like and seek the intensity, especially if you're feeling the 70's vibe. I kept it on the softer side for this tutorial.






Another method to diffuse the blush shade and to make it look more like skin. I tried another popular make-up artiste, Wayne Goss's buffing technique. I loved it!! I'll talk more about this technique in another blog post, if you'd like!!

The blush palette has a pretty highlight shade too, more on the frostier end if you don't mind it. Here's a picture of my heavily swatched left wrist. For me, I feel the colours are fairly pigmented. The shades can be built till you reach your desired colour pay-off.

The palette is alright for the price of SGD 7.90, I would say that it's pretty decent for it's price point.


I hope you enjoyed this week's blog post, do check back for more posts coming your way. Do check out my tutorial, now live on my YouTube Channel TheLeiaV for more info;


I will see you very soon in my next Blog post!!!


Love,






♥♥♥   Find me here!!!! ♥♥♥


Instagram: shanthiarumugam

Twitter: Shanthi Arumugam

Facebook: Shanthi Arumugam-Vimalan

Spotify: Shanaru6

Snapchat: shanaru6


Roposo: shanthivimalan


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig