Wednesday 6 July 2016

Get Ready with Me to SIIMA!!

Hey Guys!! Exciting post, I have for you today!! It was a total random decision to book a remaining pocket seat for the SIIMA Awards on a Friday morning on the SISTIC site. The earlier months of 2016 have been such a roller coaster ride; days have been filled to the brim. I felt like I needed a breather and decided to have a night of glitz and glam.

SIIMA, South Indian International Movie Awards took place in Singapore at the Suntec City Convention Centre this year, I solely was there to show my support for my favorite actress, Nayanthara!! I’ve always envied her consistent style evolution, her poise and elegance she possesses was something that always had me in astonishment. With the slightest teeny tiniest hope of meeting her, I got ready nevertheless to have a night out.

I went for my regular easy look, something I have done frequently enough to be confident and comfortable in.













A new product, I am using is The Body Shop’s Elderflower Unperfurmed Eye Gel for the past 3 weeks or so. I haven’t formed an opinion about it yet, I shall keep you posted. My first impression of it; I like the gel formulation as it soaks into the under eye area almost instantly.










Face Prep

  • Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser
  • The Body Shop, Elderflower Unperfumed Eye Gel

For the face, same old same old.. However, I switched out my foundation of choice and I was glad, I did!! The Revlon Colorstay Foundation is so bomb, hard core long-lasting power, lightweight on the skin, and amazing full coverage (for oily with acne and blemish prone skin type) like me.














For an added layer of security to cover up the pesky zits, post acne scars and undereye darkness, I stuck to my Holy Grail concealers from L.A. Girl. I used the darkest shade (Toast) to lightly contour the parameters of my facial plains. 

I am picking up the Toast to have a slight warm tint to it on my medium Asian skin complexion with yellow undertones. I feel I could go a little darker, will experiment with it soon.

To aid the seamless blending I was after, I kept the Avene Thermal Spring Water within reach. The skin was kept full semi-matte (Hello, oily skin type gal here!!) with a neutral blush with a mauve-y sheen from Essence Cosmetics.

The rest of the product breakdown is as follows;







Face


  • Benefit The POREfessional PRO Balm
  • Revlon Colorstay Foundation (340 Early Tan)
  • L.A.Girl PRO.Conceal HD.High-Definition Concealer
1.       Pure Beige
2.       Medium Beige
3.       Toast

  • Australis AC ON TOUR Contouring & Highlighting Kit
  • Essence Silky Touch Blush (40 natural beauty)
  • Rimmel London Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder (001 Transparent)
  • Avene Thermal Spring Water
 Like the rest of the face, I kept the eye look relatively easy to recreate. That’s one advantage of playing around with makeup. With enough practice someday, I may be able to do my makeup with both my eyes closed.

The eye look is explanatory; I shan’t bore you with details further. The pictures below should be suffice, I hope.


Eyes


 

  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Eden
  • Morphe 35W Palette
  • Maybelline New York Hypersharp Liner (Black)
  • NYX Wonder Pencil (Light)
  • Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara


 












I had used the same lightest shade on the lids to define the lower lashline followed by a beige shade for the lower waterlines.


The ethnic outfit is a popular choice of mine that I keep recycling multiple times, no shame.

I could have gone for my everyday nude-y lip tones that I am so fond of as it requires so little maintenance. Since, it’s a special occasion I thought I’ll amp the look up with a red plum-y toned lipliner with a long wearing cream lip stain in another red lip shade but this time, with a strawberry pink undertone.

Lips

  • Essence Lipliner (08 Red Blush)
  • Sephora Cream Lip Stain (03)











The highlight of the night was being able to get close to Actress Nayanthara and an opportunity to congratulate her for her two SIIMA awards for Best Actress in Naanum Rowdy Thaan (Tamil) and Bhaskar the Rascal 
(Malayalam) was just... 

Let’s just say, that I slept as a happy kid for the next few nights and still counting. Lol, dramatic!! 

It's an amazing feeling, meeting someone you look up to. What’s more? The inspirational model is like how you’ve envisioned her to be and more!! Kindness... Humble... Such poise. SIIMA was amazing!!!


Head on over to my Happy Place, the YouTube platform to watch my GRWM or click the link below to watch now!!


Please Subscribe to show your support and I will see you next week!


Lots of Love, 


________________________________________________


♥♥♥   Find me here!!!! ♥♥


Instagram: shanthiarumugam

Twitter: Shanthi Arumugam

Facebook: Shanthi Arumugam-Vimalan

Spotify: Shanaru6

Snapchat: shanaru6


Roposo: shanthivimalan
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig