Sunday 24 April 2016

Spring/Summer Makeup, Skin and Hair Essentials + Outfit Idea | TheLeiaV


Hey Guys, Welcome back to TheLeiaV!! If you're living in Singapore, you'd probably know where I am coming from with this blog post.

It has been soo hott for the past few weeks! Which is why, I feel like sharing with you some of the essentials that has helped me during these few months now and the months ahead of us.

______________________________________________________

Makeup and Skin Essentials



A good primer helps to smooth out texture and helps to fill in enlarged pores, needing lesser makeup as a result. With the heat, foundation stands no chance at least in my observation.


Repeat after me, "there shall be no more excuse to skip sun protection. From this day on, I shall wear spf of no more than SPF 30 PA+++ There, you go! Your older self will thank you for it.












For days, when the sun shows no mercy and your skin feels parched. Reach for this thermal spring water, my personal favorite! It has many skin benefits and refresh my makeup, sometimes I use this as toner before my daily moisturizer.












While liquid lipsticks are still enjoying the spotlight, it's impossible to not feel comfortable having them on. I came across this new hybrid formula of liquid lipstick, a pleasant surprise! It's a cross between a liquid lipstick and texture and feel of a gloss:) For once, we can enjoy a little of both worlds!



Try skipping foundation and spot conceal wherever necessary instead, lesser touch-ups and fewer incidents of makeup just sliding of your face with the sweltering heat surrounding us, day and night


 


Another common complaint is our dry hair, makes sense. Worst still, the pesky frizz!! Try a hair oil and serum warming between the palms and run it through the mid shafts, paying attention to the ends of the hair. Instant gorgeous shine and frizz at bay, win win !!













Use a high potent oil like the Tarte's Maracuja oil to deeply hydrate skin, nails and even the body. Mix in two drops of this oil into your hand cream for body lotion to kick up the moisture balance. This oil in this travel size doubles up as a cuticle oil on the go too! 

 


The feet and hands always get neglected because it just has so much to do. Show a little tlc by applying a foot cream on your feet before bed and massage a generous amount of hand cream before getting some sleep. Wake up to soft and smooth hands and feet!
















Remember to exfoliate the lips weekly, if you could and nourish them daily with a lightweight lip balm underneath your lippie shade.

Lip balm tends to fade or rather transfer very quickly due to its slippy texture, reapply when required.


______________________________________________________________________________


Outfit Essentials




 















My outfit of choice tends to be a light weight top with leggings or a maxi dress like this in the picture.

I like layering up with light weight cardigan whenever it gets cooler especially in supermarkets or coffee joints. A kimono piece like this folds easily and takes almost no space in my bag.


For accessories, I tend to go easy. It's usually a watch and a thin bracelet on one hand, usually that's it. On this day, I wore a midi ring on my right hand.


For footwear, I kept it light by pairing this outfit with a gold gladiator styled sandals.


I hope you enjoyed this week's blog post! Drop by again, next week for more!


Here's the link to my video upload on my YouTube channel at www.YouTube.com/user/TheLeiaV


Lots of Love,








♥♥♥   Find me here!!!! ♥♥♥

Instagram: shanthiarumugam
Twitter: Shanthi Arumugam
Facebook: Shanthi Arumugam-Vimalan
Spotify: Shanaru6
Snapchat: shanaru6
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig