Sunday 17 April 2016

Smoked out Greys and Mauves Makeup Tutorial | TheLeiaV


This week’s blog post is going to be a soft smoked out makeup tutorial on a look that I had recently posted on Instagram. This makeup look was highly requested, so here we go!
I don’t have too much to say on this makeup look; hence I shall attempt to keep this week’s post as short as possible. Yes, there are a lot of products going on to the skin only because I want the skin to appear close to flawless.

The face base is a cocktail, I often wear very often. We shall skip the deetsfor now but I recommend a medium to full coverage foundation for this look since the eyes are leaning towards a dramatic look for everyday:)

I might sound like a Granny but don't skip or skimp on spf, your skin will thank you later!

Here is the breakdown for the eyes; 
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (Eden)
  • Rimmel London Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder (001 Transparent)
  • Makeup Revolution London (Iconic 3)
  • 1st and 4th shadow from left
  • 2nd shadow from right
  • Essence All That Greys Smokey Eye Pencil (02 Grey Times)
  • NYX Micro Brow Pencil (Auburn & Brunette)
  • NYX Matte Liquid Liner (Black)
  • Loreal Paris Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara
  • Catrice Cosmetics Kohl Kajal (200 You’re my Rosen One!)
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector – Pressed (Opal)



 



 





For the eyes, there is a little work to achieve the soft blown out greys and mauves. Tweak these steps according to your preference and desired intensity. I have attempted to recreate the exact look from the instagram picture.

The lip products:
  • Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm (230 Complex)
  • Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip (Tulle)



The easiest of this look is the lips. You can/could go for a single lip colour but I crave for a tiny definition and dimension on mine. That is why I mixed in a peachy nude for the centre of my lips with a dark chocolate-y burgundy toned lip shade. I see the smokey eyes complimenting a pinky nude or even a soft pink shade.

I hope you enjoyed this week’s blog post, drop by again next week for more fun filled beauty content. I create videos at my happy place, called YouTube!
Visit me there and Subscribe to show your support and to stay updated on weekly content from TheLeiaV

I will see you very soon, next week!

Lots of Love








♥♥♥   Find me here!!!! ♥♥♥

Instagram: shanthiarumugam
Twitter: Shanthi Arumugam
Facebook: Shanthi Arumugam-Vimalan
Spotify: Shanaru6


Snapchat: shanaru6


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig