Saturday 25 September 2021

DELIGHTUL FUDGIEST BROWNIE RECIPE



It was a realization that October is soon approaching and that only means, December will soon be here! It was time that I kick-start my baking routine once more and I want to refine my takes on different brownie recipes too. 

I usually like my brownies with that cake like texture, the kind that I like to devour with my afternoon tea. That old lady tea cake that has the traditional feel, crumbly morsel that comes in contact with the lips and dessert spoon. You know?



This time though, I wanted to challenge myself and that is to attempt a sticky gooey center in my brownies. I usually prefer adding more plain/all-purpose flour and add at least three eggs for that cake like texture. This time round, I've reduced to two large eggs instead and reduced my flour quantity to just under a hundred grams.

What? No way! Yes, way! I did I sort of perfected the gooey center brownie and surprisingly, even I love this cocoa too!



Delightful Fudgiest Brownies

Ingredients
  • 100 gms icing sugar (sifted)
  • 70 gms plain flour/all purpose flour (sifted)
  • 60 gms unsweetened cocoa powder (sifted)
  • 150 gms brown sugar
  • salt
  • 75 gms unsalted butter (melted)
  • 30 ml of canola oil
  • 70% dark chocolate (smashed into bits)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 8 x 8 square pan (greased)

Method

  • Pre-heat the oven to 180 Deg Cel
  • Sift all the flour/powders and salt, keep aside.
  • Next, whisk the oil, melted butter, two eggs and brown sugar.
  • Slowly add the powders in three parts, fold them gently from the sides (to keep the batter light and airy)
  • Lastly, add the dark chocolate bits and give it a final whirl.
  • Pour into the greased square pan, making sure the batter covers all four corners of the pan.
  • Bake for about 23 mins at 175 Deg Cel
  • Leave the brownie on a cooling rack until you're ready for a squishy square



If the dark chocolate bits are too intense for you, definitely milk chocolate buttons could easily be an alternative (try to avoid white chocolate). I feel that the delicate balance of white and brown sugars work to bring a lil depth to the sweetness factor.

The brown sugar and dark chocolate in this brownies, leaves a little haunt in the after taste. Was there a slight bitterness or what was that? The dark chocolate also leaves a liquid drop when you sink your teeth into the brownie (when left at room temperature). Just like hidden treasure.

Exactly how I intended it to be! 




Until we are in ease of having bigger crowds for the end of the year feasting, I do want to remember how to bake too. Plus, baking as a whole is like a form of meditation for me.

There is something about the mixing, sifting and folding all the ingredients together and the entire kitchen vibe-ing in preparation for the decadent scent to waft throughout my kitchen. I love it when my house smells like a bakery. I feel my neighbours, do too!

I am still in search of a candle scent that fits the above description. Imagine a weekend with roast, baked potato squares, warm bread, hot steaming tea and coffee. Lots of laughing, I haven't that in quite a while. This storm too shall pass.



That's it for today's blog post! It's been a while since I last baked and I thought to myself, 'What better time than now?' This was the result and it was good that I knew that I had to share with you!

I hope you have a try at this brownie especially so if you are a cake like person, like me! You will be pleasantly surprised at the melt in your mouth texture and the depth of it.

I urge you to stay safe and take the necessary pre-cautions, all that is needed for you and your family members.


Stay Safe

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig