Friday 12 June 2020

HUDA BEAUTY MERCURY RETROGRADE EYESHADOW PALETTE REVIEW




Meet Huda Beauty's newest palette launched into the market somewhere late last October, it's quite the colour story with this palette filled with eighteen shadows of mixed finishes. There are matte shades in this palette that vary from each other, some having more kick back than the rest (the lighter shades). This is Huda Beauty Mercury Retrograde Eyeshadow Palette

Some of these cued matte shades take a while to build up their intensity however it is the colour scheme that intrigued me, the most. If anything, I am mostly a neutral makeup lover hence this palette is not my usual thang yet I was excited to bring this baby home.



I have had some playtime with this palette, what surprised me is the texture on some shimmer shades. They were almost like... A teeny tiny bit emollient unlike other shimmer shadows that have some sort of a 'grit-ty' feel between the fingers. These felt different but were easy to place and build on the eyelids with the tips of the fingers.

While some other shimmer shadows lent a 'wet' finish on the eyes, a very ethereal finish. Imagine, this palette was made from an island filled with unicorns. Handmade by unicorns, I'm quite new to such colours yet this is how I would best describe this palette!





I love the shades Galaxy, Nebula, Libra and Vortex. I wouldn't mind reaching for these shadows and making this my new go to eye looks. The shadows lasts for a good work day of up to at least six hours on well primed and powdered down eye lids (if you happen to deal with very oily eyelids). 

A sticky base like a moist concealer would actually catch the shimmer and sheen shadows well and keep it on for a decent amount of wear time, there are options here. I have experimented with shades, I normally would marvel from far. 




For sure, the colours from this palette would really pop against complexions lighter than mine (fair, light and pale). Yet, I still enjoy how wearable these shades are and could possibly complement ethnic wear too. That makes this palette practical during festive season too!

I would give this palette a 4.5 out of 5 stars rating, as the shades are nicely pigmented and great for newbies and colour adventurous makeup junkies. On my medium complexion, this palette leans towards a neutral undertone and cool. I may be just too warm for this palette.

I got my Huda Beauty Mercury Retrograde Palette during Sephora's Beauty Pass Sale. This retails at SGD 105.00!




A good eye shadow palette should yield you at least a period of two years if you rotate it correctly among your other palettes coupled with good hygiene practices. A great palette to have for makeup artistes, for obvious reasons! Also, a great palette to have if you're a beginner regardless if you're cool toned or not.

I have demonstrated how these eye shadows work on my warm toned medium complexion with deep golden hues. It should be enough if you're still figuring out whether or not to get yours!





Give this palette a go, you might be pleasantly surprised! Trust me on this, that's a lot from a neutral loving person. Stay Safe and remember to wash your hands!


Love,
Share:

1 comment

  1. Thanks for this post.It's a very nice post.Great post.Thank you. skin care

    ReplyDelete

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig