Friday 26 June 2020

CHARLOTTE TILBURY ROCK CHIC SET REVIEW



Charlotte Tilbury is fairly a new brand that I am recently introduced to, I got to have admit though.. The brand and the Lady behind it and her aesthetics are something that falls into a new category, I'm calling 'coveted'


It was during the early Sephora Beauty Pass Sale that I decided to look at getting something new to update my collection with. I was not absolutely sure what to get while I had my eyes on some products from Hourglass, Dior and Tom Ford for a change.


I've never been a blush person and this blush opens to a whole new level of love for me. There is something entirely different with the formula, it's finely milled and it goes onto become one with the skin. It flatters my complexion.

It is not what I had expected, I never really liked blushes and here I am telling you about my new found love, slight obsession? I don't know..


The mascara and feline flick eyeliner are not my favourites from the Rock Chic Set. The feline flick eyeliner in the shade Panther is not the typical inky black eye liner that I favour. This probably work for something lighter in complexion, like pale to fair skin.



The mascara was an 'ok' not a wet mascara, it's on the drier end of the usual mascara formulation. It would suit well for beginners and shaky hands as chances of smearing is hardly an option with this mascara. It does lengthen, just a teeny bit. I don't notice much of a voluminous finish with this mascara though. I'll pass on these two.




The quality of these eye shadows from this quad is insane, the finish and the topper is by far, the best! Smooth, fine, accentuates the eyes, eye colour and the extended longevity of wear time with this shadows is reason enough for it's value.




It looks insane on the lids especially the topper is something else, I would definitely reach out for this for the year end festivities and parties. It makes me feel all bougee, I sort of like this luxury feel!




The lip liner, matching lipstick and gloss from this set are a little pale in comparison to my usual lip colours. You know the neutral, pinks, mauve and browns are more of my thing.

Yet, I can make these out to be a good mixing medium as the lipstick has little tiny gold flecks and has an almost medium opacity of peach and nude, this could potentially tone down any dark lip colour. The lip lustre in Blondie is something I would feel that's universally flattering.

The gloss is not gloopy, gue-y or sticky, it's gives the lips the gloss and shine without feeling kiddie makeup, quite a formulation. I really enjoy this gloss on this lid, I feel this might be universally flattering on top of most lip shades.



Overall, it's a well priced makeup kit and worth the value as individually these products are on the higher end of the price tag! The eyeshadow quad is a dream and so are the blush and lip products. I've heard so much about the brand's range of K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipstick and with good reasons.


I intend to explore and experiment more products from Charlotte Tilbury, I have my eyes on the;

  • Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder
  • Magic Away! Liquid Concealer
  • Film Star Bronze and Glow
  • Matte Revolution Lipstick in PillowTalk
  • Hollywood Flawless Filter Foundation


I overall like what I got for myself during the recent Sephora's Beauty Pass Sale! I hope you enjoyed reading today's post. Will catch you very soon!


Stay Safe,
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig