Friday 17 May 2019

ABH DIPBROW POMADE REVIEW IN SOFT BROWN



Hey Loves!

It's going to be a beauty product review, this week and I am bringing you the much loved brow product; Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Soft Brown. I would need you to refrain from asking me why I took this long to join the ABH bandwagon, I am happily on board now and I totally get the hype around it. Do keep reading, I will share more about my thoughts on it.


 If you'd like to see me perform a Demonstration on how to use the dip brow pomade then click the link below; it'll bring you straight to the video.


The Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade retails for SGD 38.00 on Sephora's official website and offers eleven different shades and undertones aimed to fit everyones' eyebrow needs and fancies. Frankly, the steep price tag did not have me hooked earlier on as I am one to reach for eyebrow products of a lesser price point from the drugstore.

My usual favorite brow products are from either Essence or NYX and so it took a Sephora sale for me to validate this otherwise expensive purchase. In the demonstration, I have used a ABH dual ended brush with a spoolie and this tool has been a staple in my vanity since six-ish years ago. 



Now, about the pomade. Since this product is a first for me, I had found the texture to be very different from my usual twist up stick types and brow powders. The dip brow pomade is very balm-like and delivers pigmentation in one swipe! I don't feel that this product may be a good fit for a makeup newbie just because of it's amazing opacity in one brush dip/stroke. Obviously with a lot of practice and patience, eyebrows can get a lot easier. 

I enjoy the pomade's lasting power and I have observed the pomade to be smudge-proof and transfer resistant in our hot and humid Singapore weather. It sits well on my eyebrows even with my oily skin and I like that I don't have to worry about my eyebrows not showing up in flash photography!



The Soft Brown is more cooler in it's undertones than the other shades offered but the overall makeup look and outfit that I have on, is leaning towards a warm appearance. The soft brown will be most suited for similar complexions to mine and of black and deep brown hair.


Do not let the opacity intimidate you, it's balm like texture is pliable and blends with ease. It doesn't skip on the gaps in between the skin and hair. You will be able to achieve hair like strokes with a micro thin and small eyebrow brush to achieve a micro-bladed eyebrow finish.

It contains a whopping 4gms of pomade that can easily lasts up to at least ten months. That's enough pomade up to almost a year! Most stick type twist up brow products contain way less than one gram of product hence more value, in this pomade. For someone used to tossing brow and eye products every 30 days, the pomade may require a change in my makeup routine. I will just have to be diligent with my brush cleansing days since the pot is going to be around for much longer.


I hope you enjoy reading today's blog post, if you did then please be sure to share this post and pin it up on Pinterest.

I shall catch you very soon in my next post!


Love,

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig