Wednesday 10 October 2018

NAVRATRI MAKEUP LOOK, THE SHAILAPUTRI



If you're excited to count down to Deepavali, like I am then we should probably high-five up high! Why not? It's exactly like Christmas, just a lot more Indian that's how I would describe it.

Quickly following after Vinayagar Sathurthi is Navratri, a nine day long celebration dedicated to the nine avatars/forms of Goddess Durga. During this nine day period in Puratasi, you'll find loads of aaradhana, prasadham, temple food and Indian arts in full display at religious establishments.

In some homes, prayers will be held every day along side with delicious snacks served with coffee and tea. I am talking savory, sweet, spicy and salty, delightful! I side track when it's about food!

Another important ritual is dressing the part for this special occassion, Dandiya/Garba commences along with Navratri where we get to twirl in a Bollywood fashion to rhythmic moves and simply have a fun time trying to groove.

Women often shop specifically towards Durga Pooja, new clothes and make-up! While I didn't shop for much, I did try my best to come up with nine different makeup looks to commemorate Navratri. That's right, nine looks for nine days! It isn't easy but someone wants to do it, me!

The first look that I put together is to embody how I gather Shailaputri to look like in today's modern day. I had the pleasure of being presented with this turquoise and fuchsia beautiful saree that I feel is perfect to start the nine day celebration.

I kept the overall look easy to recreate and added gold jewellery and a Maharastrian nose pin to complete the look. The hair was an easy half up, half down style and kept the rest of the look simple.

If you'd like to watch on how to create this look, click right here;



The full list of products used to create this makeup look, is listed below for you;

Face


  • Sephora Beauty Amplifier Pore & Fine Line Filler
  • Sephora Matte Perfection Foundation in 33 Walnut 
  • NYX Total Control Drop Foundation in Medium Olive
  • Colourpop No Filter Concealers in Medium 26, 28 and 30
  • IT Bye Bye Pores Pressed Powder in Translucent
  • Sephora 8HR Mattifying Pressed Powder in Medium 30


Blush, Contour & Highlighting


  • ABH Light to Medium Contour Kit
  • Sephora Face Shimmering Powder in 02 Natural Glow


Eyes


  • IT Brow Power in Universal Taupe
  • Colourpop Yes Please Eyeshadow Palette (Full Zip, Note to Self, French Kiss, Butter Cake 
  • NYX Matte Liquid Liner in Black
  • Essence Get Big Lashes, Volume & Curl Mascara
  • NYX Glam Liner Aqua Luxe in Glam Nude


Lips


  • NYX Suede Lip liner in Soft Spoken
  • Gerard Cosmetics Lipstick in Buttercup



Here are some more pictures from the shoot;






I hope you enjoyed today's blog post and I will be sharing more looks for Navratri more on Instagram, follow me there for new daily updates!

I shall catch you very soon, in my next post soon!


Love,
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig