Friday 19 October 2018

Navratri Makeup Look for 2018





For the first time in a very long time, my interest in Indian Ethnic wear has never been this strong. Creating themed content for YouTube for Navratri (nine days dedicated to the nine avatars of Goddess Durga), I guess it has it's advantages. More so because it's festive season in the Hindu calendar, it was about time I truly place myself out of my comfort zone and really step into the unknown.

I really had no idea what I was getting myself into, what I did know is that I want to try as much as I can! I dug up a few of my ethnic outfits from years ago as they were in storage, after having a kid. Delightfully, I can still fit in them as I got a lot smaller after my baby, the strangest thing ever. Any who, the practicality of carrying an Indian outfit complete with accessories and attempting to be dainty in the Singapore heat and humidity, would be like a Disney Princess gone wrong.




I sweat easily and just the mere thought of slipping myself into a saree blouse is like, 'Hello, sweat patches!' No, thank you! I'd rather float comfortably around maxi ethnic kurtis that does not constrict blood and circulation between my thighs and underarms. I have serious concerns with my ethnic wear, I really do. I artfully try to chose lightweight fabrics in midi and maxi lengths that offer enough coverage and does not require leggings/pants beneath. They're not comfortable on me, I really can't!

You know what I mean if you head on over to my Instagram @shanthiarumugam

This outfit you see here is an actually saree that I requested to be tailored into three pieces, saree blouse, skirt and a cover that comes in separates. This way it's easy to wear them and they have way more movement to them and don't constrict my overall body movement. It's a saree from Kolkatta.





I really hope that you enjoyed today's post, it was a collective effort of over four weeks with lots of attempt!

I was not really sure about how it's going to be received, I was really taken by surprise on the response and honestly couldn't be more happier.

I hope you enjoyed today's blog post and I shall catch you very soon in my next post!


Love,
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig