Saturday 15 September 2018

MY FIRST TIME IN CHENNAI


Hey Loves!

I finally decided to open up my lap top and have a peek at where I last left things at, in August. I was going through this phase called, "I don't know what I'm doing". Perhaps, I badly needed a break, I do.

We as a family had decided to take a well deserved week long break during Miss Punky's September School Holidays and took a trip to Chennai, India. This plan of ours to go to Chennai has been in the works for six years, ya.. Judge me, if you must.

When initiating the first plan in 2012, I fell terribly sick only to find out that I was expecting Missy Leia. So.. Ya.. A bigger responsibility came along our way and our trip to India was stalled. Luckily, we made it happen in 2018!

We landed in Madurai first, to go see the much celebrated Madurai Meenakshi Amman Temple and then fly to Chennai, the next day. There we spent a good five days at The Leela Palace Chennai, absolutely love the prestigious establishment, it's grandeur and their warm hospitality.




South Indian breakfast are the bomb, freshly made hot crisp thosai/dosa, the fresh fruits on display, freshly baked breads, cheese wedges and muffins. We just had a tiny trouble, specifically with the time difference as Chennai was two and a half hours behind Singapore time. Lunch in Chennai at 1pm, is 3.30pm in Singapore. Hence, it was practically brunch for us, every day.

Buffet breakfast starts at 7am (9.30am Singapore time), at Spectra The Leela Coffee House. I still was waking up to our local time around 8am (5.30 Chennai time) feeling hungry. I managed to catch the sunrise on most mornings as I ate fresh fruits in our room before making way to the buffet breakfast.

Besides the small time difference trouble, our first trip as a family to Chennai was lovely! I hosted a small cozy meet/greet at the Higginbottoms Writer's Cafe at 98 Peters Road, Gopalapuram. I ordered nutella flavored cupcakes for the meet-up, shopped at Express Avenue, Phoenix MarketCity and Palladium Chennai!

I met a handful of my lovely viewers (more like family) and they were warm, welcoming, hospitable and lovely!


I had a blast shopping at Lifestyle Store, Pantaloons, Reliance Trends, Forest Essentials and Big Bazaar. I did a photoshoot at Dakshina Chitra!


I got to admit that travelling somewhat opens your eyes to the smallest of details that we take for granted on the daily. A holiday is a must if you feel stuck in a mundane cycle, truly broadens our perspective.

Chennai holds a special place in my heart and I can't wait to go back for more! I took some nice pictures whilst there, enjoy them!



I shall check back with you very soon, in my next post!


Love,
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig