Friday 22 June 2018

Rimmel London Lasting 25HR Breathable Concealer Review



Hey Loves!

One fundamental essential for a flawless base look is a great concealer! Today, hear my take on the Rimmel London 25HR Breathable Lightweight to Medium Concealer. If you're in search for an affordable drugstore concealer with light but build-able coverage then this might be the right match for you!

Let's quickly glance over the packaging, shall we? It comes in a squeeze tube with a sponge tip applicator, very much similar to the ones we often see in Korean inspired beauty products. That smooth rounded application tip that has a tiny hole to dispense the product out and for a smooth glide application. The packaging contains 7ml of concealer in it's transparent squeeze-y tube.


I got mine in the shade 200 Light, I recall seeing two other shades. Hence, there are three shades in total.. One in a medium and the other for our deeper skin divas. What is with the lack of shade range? It still continues to startle me as more and more new and upcoming brands are expanding their color selection to suit more women of color. A few examples to note; Fenty Beauty, Colourpop, Kat Von D and Urban Decay have an amazing selection of shades to choose from and you're sure to get a shade that best fits your complexion. Due to poor shade selection, this concealer loses it's brownie points

This concealer retails for SGD 15.90, there was a 20% discount when I picked up mine. Hence it came to SGD 12.70, great price tag! Who doesn't love a good deal when shopping!

Upon testing this concealer, I have grown to enjoy and love the light weight feel and equally the light weight coverage that it offers my under eye area. It has a good amount of wear time, up to 8 hours of being transfer resistant and smudge proof, tried and tested.



I usually do not wear makeup any longer than 10 straight hours yet I have noticed that it stays put till I decide to remove my makeup before settling in for the day. The concealer's light weight texture, I feel is due to it's type of coverage. It has very little emollient in it's formulation and texture that makes it excellent for little to no creasing and no signs of settling in to fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes.




Full coverage concealers from popular brands do sometimes have a little movement around the 3hr mark during wear time but this concealer is notably crease free. If you're plagued with discoloration, veining or just plain pigmentation trouble around the under eye area, the concern needs to be corrected with the right corrective concealing first before moving on to this concealer.

Due to the light weight finish of this concealer, under eye darkness is left without corrective concealing will be peaking through the concealer while adding more emphasis. That is something to take note.

Who would I recommend this concealer to? Anyone who have little to no under eye darkness, in search of an affordable drugstore priced concealer with a long wear time of a minimum of 8 long hours. Medium to deeper complexions may try out this concealer too but need corrective concealing first to camouflage discoloration.

Overall, I give this concealer a 3.5 out of 5 as I have mentioned, no brownie points for the lack of shade range.

I hope you enjoyed today's post and I shall see you very soon, in my next entry!


Love,

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig