Sunday 31 December 2017

Reflecting on 2017



2017! I remember the first day of Punky's kinder and shortly Chinese New Year followed quickly and the one week term break in March then the June holidays. Just like that it was September already and shortly after November year end school break! Now we're here on the 31st December 2017! I don't know about you but 2017 sure flew by like lightning!

There was a lot in 2017, I went full on with YouTube and Blogging and planned my days and weeks like crazy just so that I don't have a minute to spare to allow any nasty thought or feels of self-doubt. Prior to 2017, a single moment was enough to doubt my capabilities and feel like I am not going anywhere and not doing anything. This year had no space for such feels.

The theme I had for 2017, as it's ending in a few hours was 'Hustle Hard' and I gave it my everything. I planned and outlined things on my daily checklist that I needed to get done. No time to laze about, I read paper back and audio books, listened to inspiring podcasts, filmed and recorded many videos for YouTube, edited some and uploaded a few. I increased the video upload and blog post frequency to twice a week, every Tuesdays and Fridays.

Here are some of the best memories of 2017;







Each time, I took a breather I also made sure that I am soaking up knowledge from free online courses pertaining to my area of interest such as content creation and blogging. A bulk of this year was a long winding learning curve. Just as I am about to think that I roughly know where I'm heading, something pops up and stops me in my tracks. And I'm like, "What the fiddlesticks?"



Nevertheless, I kept my spirits high by filling in the days as much as I can, the 52 weeks of learning. MasterClass workshops, looking up recipes for home meals, different learning techniques to keep my kid engaged when weekends come along. A five year old can get bored very frequently, lol!

We had a great time when we were in Hong Kong for a short vacation, Punky had so much fun. She was overall very delighted to be in Hong Kong Disneyland. It was pleasant and soul fulfilling to have a much wanted short break for that quick recharge.

I pre-filmed and drafted videos and blog posts and tried to learn more about photography to amp up the pictures that I snap for my blog. I truly felt very much like a student, strutting around my neighborhood mall in my usual black and white outfit ensemble, the white converse kicks and my laptop in one hand.

I liked that I kept up with this routine until the Eve of Christmas, while I was rendering a video for my Channel (25 Days of Christmas) at Coffee Bean at Bishan Junction 8. Punky wanted to get a tray of 20 cupcakes as she named the people, she wanted to meet. On this day, my husband was away at work and he won't be done till late night. It hit me hard that me and my kid are spending our Christmas Eve by ourselves. She stopped in my tracks as I stumbled for an appropriate response as she keeps herself busy with her coloring and story books whenever I choose to work away from home.

Relationships are tricky, sometimes even formal holidays can't revive some old ones. Obviously, being Christmas Eve everyone will be busy. I thought I was too until my kid reminded me that I got too deep into my work. Eventually, we did get the tray of 20 cupcakes with some explanation to my kid that we can meet the people she wants to at another time. We got home shortly.

We made hot chocolate that night and watched Arthur Christmas and the cupcakes were distributed to our neighbors instead. It's the season of gifting and giving, i applaud Punky's spirit of giving as I watch her pass the cupcakes with such joy. Truly, the spirit of Christmas has it's magic on our little one.

Overall 2017 did have several dips but it's ending on a 'OK' notably comforting.

And so I am deciding for year 2018, I feel it's most appropriate to be 'Calm' as I have noticed in my rush to Hustle Hard I kinda grew impatient with all of that tight back to back planning that I had scheduled myself for. Hey, I am nowhere near perfect.

How was 2017? It was great, I am happy to have achieved my goals set for this year. Hooray!

Were there any regrets? Yes, for sure. In my pursuit of Hustling, some decisions are made from haste and impatience.

What do I learn from this? Not to be make decisions when I am emotional. I need to let go of things that are beyond my actions.

How was the year 2017 for you? Leave me a comment below.



Love,
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig