Friday 17 November 2017

The Body Shop, Drops of Light Pure Healthy Brightening Serum



Hey Loves!

It's a product review and this time I will be sharing my experience with The Body Shop Drops of Light Pure Healthy Brightening Serum today with you. A little back story to my skin if you're new to my Blog, I get oily easily throughout the day and my skin is acne prone.

Of recent times, I have noticed that some angst-y zits or spots that come and go often during that time of the month leaves behind hyper pigmentation. The hyper pigmentation spots are now taking up a much longer period of time to lighten and at times, I feel the need to have them concealed with industrial strength concealers. If you'd like to know I alternate between Kat Von D Lock-it Concealer and Vichy Dermablend 3D Correction Foundation for spot concealing.





Since my skin care routine has been quite lean consisting of just a day and night eye cream, aloe vera gel for both day and night and spf during the day. I was in search of an introductory serum that could even out my skin tone that could go on before my moisturizers. The unique selling point of this serum that caught my attention was it's claim that it's clinically proven to reduce the appearance and intensity of dark spots. Exactly what I was looking for.

More about The Body Shop Drops of Light Pure Healthy Brightening Serum is that it contains red algae extract and vitamin c, a key anti-oxidant and great for the skin. I like that the serum is very water like in texture, non-sticky and absorbs into the skin in seconds. I like to pat the serum down onto my skin instead of rubbing it all over my face.

Not much about the packaging, a white glass bottle with a dropper top. It contains 30ml of its serum and it's priced at SGD 34.90

After about over four weeks of using the serum both day and night, I use about three to four drops of the serum for my face and neck. One thing to note is that the packaging comes in a handy dropper that easily dispenses the drops nicely onto my palm. I do feel a difference in my skin texture, it is more supple to the touch. The overall skin surface is appearing more even toned, luminous and brighter in terms of clarity.

I am happy to report this serum has not broke me out and it's one of the reasons for my sharing. I do understand the challenge of not being able to try many products in the market as they're not entirely made for oily skin types and most ingredients are not oily skin friendly.

Just be sure to keep an eye out for The Body Shop Atrium sales at your neighbourhood heartland malls as there maybe year end sales, you could probably snag this serum at a lower price.

I really hope you enjoyed this product review, do let me know if you're keen on trying out this serum.

Till then, I shall catch you on my next blog post very soon!


Love,


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig