Saturday 14 October 2017

A Date with KARVA Salon for Ladies




Hey Loves!

It's officially less than a week to Deepavali! I have been wanting to fix my grey hair situation and was in search of a hair place when my quest ended on my Instagram discovery feed that featured a Karva Salon client testimonial.

Intrigued, I immediately looked up their Salon's business profile on Instagram @karvasg and was pleasantly surprised to discover the services that they offer. What caught my eye was their October's Special Promo for Creative Colour + Mini Olaplex Treatment for S$180 only from now till 31st Oct '17.

Their insta profile re-directed me to their official website with more info and their online booking service. Since I make weekly trips to Little India, I chose their branch at Bussorah Street. This branch is conveniently located close by Bugis MRT Station and Arab Street, filled with trending hipster cafes at almost every nook. Great place to spot me with my lap top and taking flat lay pictures, lol! #bloggerlife

Their two other branches are located in East Village, Upper Changi and JCube, Jurong East. More info can be found on their official site at; http://karva.sg/


Since I don't get out of my house often enough, I decided to dress up in spite of my horrible sore throat coupled with the monthly onset of deadly cramps. I don't know about you, putting on makeup and dressing up is in some way medicinal for me. I decided to flaunt my recent purchase from the Zak Salaam India Expo 2017, a maroon kalamkaari printed dress that ends slightly below my knees. How I nurse my sore throat, lol!

Click the link below to watch my hair makeover and mini vlog;



The staff at Karva welcomed me with their friendly smiles upon my arrival! I love their interior decor, a blogger's dream! Their services also included a complimentary drink on the house, a nice thing to have!

Ms Maia, my stylist walked me through her top three hair color options that would best suit me. She went on further to recommended two neutral tones and one bold color. Totally outside of my comfort zone but I went for it today! Yes, big step indeed! She was very  knowledgeable about the hair dye processes and after-care color management and walked me through every step of the way. I was assured knowing that my head of hair is in safe hands.

My hair coloring started about half past eleven and ended almost half to four. Pretty quick, I would say. While waiting for the color to develop, I sneaked in a Classic Pedicure at the salon! It's a huge time-saver as I didn't have to step out as it was in the same place! A great place for a pampering session or hen night with your girlfriends:)

Nurul in-charge of the nail station took care of my pedicure, she took her time and was thorough. I enjoyed her patience and speed as I picked a dark grey shade for my toes.

Alright alright! I hear you, the details about my hair color? Here you go; 

For my hair color, there were three hair color applications in total. The first step was a Bleach Blondor of level eight followed by Wella purple no. 44/66 for the roots and pravana violet for the remaining lengths.

To lock in the bold colors, Olaplex Treatment was delivered to strengthen my hair bonds during the bleaching process. After the application of the two bold shades, an express color treatment was given for a glossy finish.

The stylist finished the look with tousled waves with a curling tong! I love that my hair color has different hues under different lights! There's a variety from pink tinged purple to hot burgundy!

I am diggin the whole Jean-Grey vibe, my hair is flaunting! Jean Elaine Grey? Phoenix? Still no? She's a class five mutant with powerful telepathic and telekinetic abilities and one of the most powerful mutants that has ever lived. X-men nerd alert!!






If you're in search for a nail and/or hair service treatment to prep for this Holiday Season then look up http://karva.sg/ and check out their insta profile to check out if they offer what you seek.

I sure know when I left the salon, a big smile was plastered across my face. I can be Phoenix for Halloween, this year! 

I hope you're gearing up for Deepavali, I know I will as soon as this sore throat is eased away! I hope you enjoyed reading today's post, if you did then please share this with your family and friends!

Until then, I will see you in my next post very soon!


Love,

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig