Tuesday 12 September 2017

First Impressions on The Face Shop's Collagen Ampoule Lipstick in Merry Pink



Hey Loves! How was your one week of school holidays during the first half of September? I kept both myself and Lil Missy Punky busy with trips to the bakeries downtown, Polliwogs at Suntec City, neighbourhood library, long bus trips and baking sessions at home. In short, I am tired.. Literally, i.. am.. not.. joking..

Yet, I managed to squeeze in some special time for a First Impressions on The Face Shop's Collagen Ampoule Lipstick in the shade 02 Merry Pink. The collagen ampoule lipsticks are priced at S$31.90 each, at the point of check-out there was a discount extended out on this item and it was at S$25.51 Score! The formulation in this lipstick range is said to contain anti-aging properties, lip plumping agents that reduce the appearance of fine lines on the lips. Pretty cool for a lipstick, if you ask me.

Here's the list of ingredients for the Collagen Ampoule Lipstick;

NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DICAPRATE • MACADAMIA SEED OIL POLYGLYCERYL-6 ESTERS BEHENATE • TRIETHYLHEXANOIN • DIPHENYLSILOXY PHENYL TRIMETHICONE • DIISOSTEARYL MALATE • CERESIN •  DIPENTAERYTHRITYL HEXA C5-9 ACID ESTERS • SYNTHETIC WAX • MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE • SILICA • HYDROXYAPATITE • ETHYLENE/PROPYLENE COPOLYMER • GLYCERIN • CERAMIDE NP • HYDROGENATED LECITHIN • PEG-10 RAPESEED STEROL • GLYCERYL STEARATE • GLYCERETH-20 • DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL • ALCHEMILLA VULGARIS LEAF EXTRACT • VIOLA TRICOLOR EXTRACT • ROSA DAMASCENA FLOWER EXTRACT • SPIRAEA ULMARIA FLOWER EXTRACT • ALTHAEA OFFICINALIS ROOT EXTRACT • WATER/EAU • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • ALCOHOL • DESAMIDO COLLAGEN • PROLINE • HYDROXYPROLINE • GLYCINE • 1,2-HEXANEDIOL • PEG-5 PHYTOSTEROL • QUATERNIUM-18 BENTONITE • CHOLESTEROL • ASIATICOSIDE • FRAGRANCE/PARFUM • RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410) • RED 6 (CI 15850) • YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140) • TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)


I have a First Impressions Video up on my YouTube Channel, click here to watch it now!


What really caught my eyes as I was browsing around the store was the golden rectangular bullet. I quickly pictured myself in a glam sequined dress with the classic 70's Hollywood waves with a curvy shaped bod getting out of a vintage car, my hands in a black glove pulling out this lipstick from my sequinned clutch for a quick touch-up on my lips before stepping foot onto the red carpet ahead.

Too much? Excuse me, I may have forgotten to include that the lipstick casing has a magnetic closure! You catch my drift? The bullet took my mind to a whole new level of dreaming big! Lol!! All this for a lipstick casing. I was certainly sold on the exterior that after swatching the two available shades, I settled for Merry Pink. A pretty pink with a mauve-y undertone that best suits my yellow toned medium complexion.

This collagen ampoule line has fifteen (15) shades as stated on The Face Shop's official website yet at the store there was just two or three shades. One was already sold out:(


First Impressions

The lipstick has a sharp defined angle on my fresh tube, this helps to get into the outer corners and precisely close in just under the cupid's bow. Getting the lip color to this places can be a such a pain sometimes with some lipstick formulations.




The lipstick went on smoothly like butter leaving an almost satin like velvet feel. It had a very comfortable finish on the lips almost like a slight satin with a shimmer finish. I only needed one coat straight from the bullet to fully deliver the full on intensity. There was no skipping, dragging or tugging at all.




It felt nice without any sticky feel on the lips, I especially like the subtle hint of color and the shimmer particles that gave off a full and plumped appearance.

I do feel a little weight on the lips from the lipstick, it's certainly something that I can look past. This lipstick is said to have a long-wear formula and I agree on this. I sat to film my first impressions video and while editing, a few hours later. 

I took a short break to remove my make-up to get ready to retire for the night. I had noticed that the lipstick left a deep rosy stain behind, it took a couple of cotton squares to completely remove the stain. This would just mean that I would not have to fuss about constant touch-ups as the color while fading off gradually leaves a tint behind, that's pretty too!

I would suggest this collagen ampoule to someone who has concerns with fine lines on their lips, this formula could help with that as it will not weigh the lip down and further enhance the unwanted lines.

The one disadvantage that was readily foreseen on my end is the lack in variety of colors offered in this collagen ampoule range as the available shades may not suit deeper complexions.

The other few disadvantages that I anticipate with this lipstick and formulation are;

  • not transfer resistant
  • not smudge proof
  • not kiss proof (I love stealing kisses from my Lil Woman)

I'd love to hear from you, share your first impressions in the comments below.

That's it for today's post and I shall catch you in my next one very soon!


Love,
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig