Tuesday 20 June 2017

Dark Diva Dolls Hi-Def Liquid Foundation Review | TheLeiaV


Hey Guys,

I hope your start to the Summer Holidays are on track. If not, not worries.. There's a long way ahead of us.

Today's blog post is going to be a product review on a foundation from a local brand of cosmetics label in Singapore. More about this brand can be found on their official website at; http://www.darkdivadolls.com/home.html


Pricing

A full sized bottle of foundation is about 20ml and is priced at SGD 35.00. It comes in six different shades, the offered range of shades also have their matching shade of dual powder for a full-on maximum coverage. 

Packaging

The foundation comes in a plastic tube with a pump to dispense the product (nice and sanitary) I like the simple clean and sleek black design with the frosty like exterior on the packaging. It makes it easy to gauge the shade match against the skin.

Claims

On their official site, the foundation is claimed to have lasting coverage to last throughout the day and the following;

  • Cruelty free
  • Allergy tested
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Non-comedogenic
  • Paraben and Fragrance free

First Impressions

I picked up the first shade C45, the lightest offered in their foundation range. The foundation had a regular consistency like any other liquid foundation. The product went on evenly and smooth on the skin. I felt that with one and a half pumps of this foundation gave me enough coverage before moving onto concealing my undereyes.

The foundation dried down to a natural skin-like finish like I had just smothered moisturizer on. If you're a matte finish fanatic, this can be easily fixed with loose or setting powder like their matching dual powder for added coverage.

I decided to do a wear test along with a first impressions video for my YouTube Channel, TheLeiaV 




Click here to watch the full review on this foundation;


3 hour update

The foundation looked good, just like the initial application (medium to full coverage) I liked that it remained close to a natural skin like finish. Surprisingly, it looked good with three hours of wear even after blotting off the surface shine. Usually, at this point I would notice some separation of the foundation making it's way onto my oily t-zone and there was no cake like build up too!


6 hour update

The foundation (medium coverage at this point) had appeared to be slightly wearing off and my blemishes (post acne and new ones appearing) beneath were peeking through. Movement was noticeable around the areas close to the nostrils and parameters of the lip area.


9 hour update

The foundation looked (almost slightly in between sheer to light medium coverage) and I did not bother to blot off the excess shine as I went on to report the wear test on camera around 11pm. My natural shine was gleaming through and the foundation was intact on the skin till I decide to run a makeup remover wipe across my face after completing the video.


Final Thoughts

Overall, I am impressed on the foundation formula and wear on my medium complexion of yellow undertone. I would recommend that you try out Dark Diva Dolls if you are experiencing trouble finding a good match from the range of foundations offered at our sunny Singapore shores.

You might be able to find your right shade in their shade range offered. Do give this local brand, a try!



Would you like for more Lifestyle and Beauty Reviews? If you are new to my Blog, Welcome! Do sign up for our monthly newsletter for awesome freebies alongside with sneak peaks and behind the scenes of what's nexy on my YouTube Channel and Blog!


Here are my last two blog posts, for your easy reading...



I hope you enjoyed reading today's post on another product review. Do leave me a comment below or under any of my youtube videos, if you'd like me to review a particular product, I'll be glad to if I can get my hands on it.

Stay tuned for more exciting posts coming your way!

That's it for today, I shall see you very soon!!

Love,


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig