Wednesday 25 January 2017

Purple Glitter Lips Tutorial | THELEIAV


Oh my Glitter!! Yes, they have so much personality and WAY more fun to play with. Which is why I'd like to take my glitter experiment to the next level to try it on my lips. Groundbreaking!!
What? Yes!!

I will take you through every step of the way and it's easy, pinky promise!! Let's go!! Keep reading to find out how you can create Purple Glitter Lips on yourself.


I aimed for a street style edgy color, like the instagram baddie look. I hardly reach for a purple lippie every  day yet I do have one in my lip collection. Sadly, not in rotation often enough.

It's the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Shameless. A rich, deep purple with blue undertones that lends my teeth the appearance of pearlie whites, I love this hue on me.




It's pretty easy with this lipstick with the twisting mechanism, no sharpening needed and the lip lines can get a clean finish. Once the intensity is built evenly all over the lips, leave it for a few minutes to settle down.



Next step is to reach out for Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue, this is a glitter bonding eye shadow primer that helps glitter stay put and extends it's wear time.

With my trusty pinky finger, I picked a little of the bonding primer and placed it on the center of the lower lip with gentle dabbing motions. I noticed the primer picking up the purple lipstick beneath it. I didn't mind that, I felt that it added to this look. 

However, I feel a liquid lipstick would do a better job at being a better choice for a base for the glitter to go on top.


The final step is a two part process, we need a stiff packing brush and glitter of your choice. I happen to have a bottle of glitter that has iridescence of lavender, light purple and green specks, very pretty yet subtle. 




Before the primer dries down, start packing the glitter onto the primed areas with gentle taps. Do not rub, I repeat DO NOT RUB Simply, pat the glitter down as it will get messy at this stage (do take caution) Keep packing till you've reached your desired intensity.

The only disadvantage to this lip look is making sure we're well hydrated as we've got to refrain from sipping, eating, smacking the lips till the glitter is ready to come off. Why, you ask? Try not to do any of the mentioned actions if you don't like tasting glitter at the back of your throat, gross but true!! A small price to pay.

When removing the glitter off of your lips, do it with patience and be sure to go over one last time with a wet wipe for a final swipe across your lips before reaching out for a sip of water.

Hey, no pain no gain!! The glitter lip look is indeed very pretty, it's the maintenance right? I couldn't last for more than thirty minutes as I got thirsty.

Now tell me, would you try out Glitter on Your lips or Not?

That's it for today's post, I will see you very soon in my next one!!

Read my last two posts here; 

 Create a Perfect Winged Liner
Love,


♥♥♥   Find me here!!!! ♥♥♥

Instagram: shanthiarumugam
Twitter: Shanthi Arumugam
Facebook: Shanthi Arumugam-Vimalan
Spotify: Shanaru6
Snapchat: shanaru6
Roposo: shanthivimalan

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig