Friday 20 January 2017

Create a Perfect Winged Liner | THELEIAV


I love how winged liners add drama to the eyes and there are so many ways to wear them on everyone. I thought I'll blog my two cents worth of self-taught practice in today's post, here it is; How you can Create a Perfect Winged Liner, every time.

I have a video up on today's topic of discussion. Click here to watch and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel, TheLeiaV for your weekly dose of Beauty and Lifestyle Content.






I have featured two of my favorite products when attempting to wing out my eyeliners and they are NYX Matte Liquid Liner in Black and Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel in no. 77

With the gel liner, I enjoy using an art brush from Daler-Rowney E81 Spotter, it's way skinnier than my Zoeva 316 Classic Liner. I enjoy the precision and control with these two liners and brush.


Do use an Eye Shadow Primer

An eyelid primer is crucial even in the absence of eye shadows, they look better and wear longer without smudging on primed eyelids. A primer assists to color correct, cancel out discolorations and provide a blank canvas for the liner to adhere better on the sensitive lid area.


Don't Skip out on Priming

On oil producing eyelids, the presence of slip could sometimes interfere with the liner application. This may cause some formulations of liners to bleed, run and not be as smooth as it can be. This mistake often results with bumps on the liner with an uneven appearance.




A Little Goes A Long Way

With little product to work with, lesser mistakes can be avoided. A little amount on the eye liner wand allows better control of the wing and build intensity further.




Too Much at One Go

A lot of product can go on quickly on the eyelid without control and could cause accidents, ruining or disturbing the makeup underneath the eye area like the concealer and foundation.



The Angle

Tilting the head at an angle, sideways allows the lower lash line to serve as a guide for the potential wing. As emphasized, taking short breaths in between helps to release anxiety and take your time to build the wing slowly and surely.




The Awkward Angle

Without mapping out the angle on the eye and making a quick stroke, may result in a wonky wing. Sometimes, it could even change the shape of the eyes. Depending on the angle and thickness of the wing.


Thickness of the Wing

Allow the folds on your eyelids to guide you through this. Depending on your eye shape, texture, folds and crease, thickness can vary on everyone. I prefer a thickness that is visible when my eyes are open and when looking straight ahead.

When the thickness is more than required for your eye shape, it may make some eyes smaller instead and look beady.





How Far should I Wing it?

I like to use the tip of my brow as a guide, lightly tapering off the pressure of the liner as I flick it towards to end of my brow.


Wings longer than my brows looks off on me but a similar wing could look different on someone else. 







Clean Up

It's an optional step, if you'd like to have your winged liners looking extra sharp and fierce. Clean up the areas above and below the liners to give it a crisp look. This helps to clear away the mistakes made earlier.





The Floating Arm

Mistakes on my wings often happens whenever I am not resting my elbow on any surface. How to fix this? Just rest your arm on your vanity or makeup counter while doing your eyeliner, it's that easy!!

Extending my pinky finger out to rest lightly on my face also helps in building the fine tip, as it provides more control. 




Winged liners get easier each time, with a little more practice. In no time, you'll be a pro!! I hope you enjoyed today's blog post, if you did then please share this blog post.


What's your favorite eyeliner?

I will see you very soon, in my next post! Very soon.

Click here to read my last two posts;





Love,


♥♥♥   Find me here!!!! ♥♥♥

Instagram: shanthiarumugam
Twitter: Shanthi Arumugam
Facebook: Shanthi Arumugam-Vimalan
Spotify: Shanaru6
Snapchat: shanaru6
Roposo: shanthivimalan
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig