Wednesday 10 February 2016

Selena Gomez - Hands to Myself Inspired Makeup Tutorial


Hello, my Loves!!

Today, I bring you another celebrity inspired makeup tutorial! This time, it's the gorgeous Selena Gomez!! I was so drawn to her blunt bangs and her mysterious dark smoked out eyes, I just can't keep my hands to myself.. On a Thursday warm evening, I played and experimented with my makeup collection and this was the end result.

Let me walk you through, if you would like to recreate this look on yourself this Valentines' Day, let's begin.

I have listed the full list of products used to recreate this look here; 

Face
♥ Maybelline New York Baby Skin Pore Eraser
♥ Loreal True Match Super-Blendable Liquid Foundation (G4 Golden Beige)
♥ Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer (Med-Dark Neutral)
♥ Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder (Medium)

Highlight, Contour & Blush
♥ Maybelline New York New Instant Age Rewind Dark Circles Eraser Treatment Concealer (Medium)
♥ NYX HD Concealer (CW10 Yellow)
♥ Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight (Opal)
♥ theBalm’s Bahama Mama Bronzer
♥ M.A.C 3 Color Blush 03
♥ Catrice Cosmetics Kohl Kajal (200 You’re my Rosen One!)

Eyebrows
♥ Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set


Eyes
♥ Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (Eden)
♥ Tarte Waterproof Gliding Line (Cashmere)
♥ Stila Smudge Waterproof Eyeliner (Stingray)
♥ Maybelline New York the Rocket Volum’ Express (Black)
♥ Maybelline New York, the Nudes Palette
♥ Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Eyeshadow Palette

Lips
♥ Nuxe Paris Reve de Miel Lip Balm
♥ Catrice Cosmetics Longlasting Lip Pencil (020 Hey Macadamia Ahey!)
♥ Gerard Cosmetics Lipstick (Nude)

_________________________________________________________________________

Selena Gomez - Hands to Myself Inspired Makeup Pic-torial


My face base is already on in this pic-torial. I have used the same primer, foundation and beauty tool with my preferred techniques,  

To start off with the eyes, I've used a primer underneath to extend the wear of the eye shadow while lending vibrancy to the shadows placed from here on.


To remove the tackiness from the primer, I've loosely dusted a shadow close to my natural lid color.



I layered another base on top (optional), this time in black and smudged the kohl out with a small shadow. This helps to evenly thin out the product all across the lid while keeping the shade within the mobile lid.
  

I took the cool light grey shade from Maybelline's The Nudes Palette on a small pencil brush and lightly buffed the shade onto the crease.

  

To lighten this intense dark smokey eye, I opted for a beautiful shimmer like the Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal on a tiny detail brush. This shade subtly adds a sheen to the highest points of my eyebrows.
  

Since it's Valentines' Day, I decided to add just a tiny bit of feminine glam. I reached out for the first matte shade from the Makeup Revolution London's palette in iconic 3, adding this shade lightly across the tops of the crease. Think of it like a light mist of mauve-y pink in the dark night sky. 
  

Since smokey eyes can quickly look terrible, consistent swaps of clean blending brushes performing the tedious blending with patience is key!:)


The eyes are almost done! When in doubt, give it another round of blend:) 

For the lower lash lines, we're going to be using the same shades used on the mobile lid and crease. The black and grey shades, going back and forth with blending while adding color till the desired intensity.



  







I chose to go all out and tight lined my upper lash line and my lower waterline with a long lasting kohl kajal pencil. 



The remaining step is to coat the upper and lower lashes with a few coats of mascara.
  

An intense smokey eye look like Selena's, calls for flawless looking skin. Pick a concealer that is closest to the natural complexion to even out dark under eye circles, to cancel out redness and correct pigmentation concerns.
  

Blend the concealer with a damp beauty blender, give it 20 pumps under running water and dry the sponge off on a kitchen towel. This beauty tool blends face products effortlessly, giving a very close to skin like finish. 
  

Although, my Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer isn't my favorite. I came around to making the ashy shade to look more wearable on my complexion by layering a yellow corrective concealer on top of it.



Once the face paint is well blended in, it is time to ensure they stay put. Set them down with a powder, of your choice.
  

Selena did not look like she had contouring oh her skin, hence contouring is optional. 



A peachy pink-y nude for a blush works as an everyday neutral, especially so for this bold eye look.
  

I chose a light opalescent pearl-y pink shade to brighten up my tear duct areas and used the same eye kohl to highlight the tops of my cheekbones, making small "x" and the cupid's bow. I use the beauty blender to diffuse the highlight in for a soft glow.
  


To finish the look, I outlined the parameters of my lips with a toffee shade of lip pencil and filled the rest of the lips with a peachy nude lip shade.

As always, feel free to head on over to my YouTube Channel at www.YouTube.com/user/TheLeiaV or click the link below, for more info on this blog post. 

This video was brought to you by a Collaborative Effort of 50 YouTubers for this Valentines' Day, I have listed the other 49 channels, in the info bar. Please do check their videos out too!!

I have new content coming your way, each week (usually over the weekend). Please subscribe to TheLeiaV to receive notifications and to stay updated on my weekly video updates.

That's all from me and I will see you soon, next week!!



Lots of Love



________________________________________________________________________________


♥♥♥   Find me here!!!! ♥♥♥

Instagram: shanthiarumugam
Twitter: Shanthi Arumugam
Facebook: Shanthi Arumugam-Vimalan
Spotify: Shanaru6
Snapchat: shanaru6
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig