Friday 12 February 2021

GLOW RECIPE PAPAYA SORBET ENZYME CLEANSING BALM REVIEW

 


I love experimenting with makeup and playing with colours and textures. The one thing that upsets me is removing all of it, at the end of the day! Skin care is a recently new interest of mine, as I slowly inch towards incorporating new knowledge of what's available in the skin care market.

I got excited when I first heard of Glow Recipe's newest launch, Papaya Sorbet Enzyme Cleansing Balm. This incorporates the papaya enzyme and the cleansing balm is also claimed to resurface the skin's surface while melting away all makeup, residue, dirt, oil and wait for it.. Even SPF, this if you knew.. Does not come off easily though under a full beat face of glam! This cleansing balm is now available at Sephora, retailing for SGD 49.00



It comes in a glass circular jar containing 100ml/3.38 fl. oz of product with a plastic lid and spoon to scoop out the cleansing balm. Pretty colour, orange! Another new thing, I am warming up to in 2021! It is stated that the cleansing balm is formulated without PEG and instead has the papaya enzyme, papaya seed oil, apricot kernel oil, blueberry and strawberry extract. It packs a noticeable amount of fragrance upon lifting the lid of the jar like how a fruit flavoured sorbet would. It smells like a mix of peach and berries in a warm compote, good enough to eat! 

It hold it's shape when scooped into my palm as I make my way into the bathroom counter sink, I would not store this in the common bathroom only because of it's weight and glass packaging. I do not wish for accidents of any sort! Hence, it's rightful place is on my vanity table.





The Papaya Sorbet Enzyme Cleansing Balm remains solid just before emulsifying into a thin lightweight oil between my dry hands. It smooths and glides onto the skin's surface as it starts breaking down the layers of makeup from during the day. The smooth slip gets into the eyelids and lashes swiftly without complications. I am quite sloppy when I get to this area and I didn't notice the balm stinging my eyes.

I quite like the taking my makeup off, a lot better with this balm. It's sort of meditative practice, quiet and smooth strokes towards cleansing my face. Imagine calming music in the background, a cup of hot tea and a home candle lit.

Washing the balm off is a fairly easy task too, I have not noticed residue left behind on the sink. The balm thins down even further when coming into contact with water, a pale milky white trace from the balm. As I reach out to splash my face a couple of times more, this is when I realize the smoother skin after the makeup has been removed.



I have used the balm three days in a row during my first week of testing, deliberately to see if my skin could handle the fruit extracts. I am left surprised at the after effects from it. The cleansing balm did not dry out my skin, it felt clean and ready for my night time skin care.

If you seek a less pricier option from the Tatcha's Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil, this might be a good option. The cleansing balm washes off like how this cleansing oil does or if you are bored with a current cleansing balm and seek a new and trending cleansing balm.


Having said, I do have a few favourites like; The Body Shop's Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter, Clinique's Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm and Belif's Aqua Bomb Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm


Here's the ingredient listing below for Glow Recipe's Papaya Sorbet Enzyme Cleansing Balm

Ingredients: Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Sorbitan Oleate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Polyethylene, Aqua/Water/Eau, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Seed Oil, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Papain, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Ananassa (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Alkanna Tinctoria Root Extract, Capsicum Annuum Fruit Extract, Maltodextrin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Levulinic Acid, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Metabisulfite


If you're on the route to vegan, cruelty-free, gluten-free, this brand checks all three boxes and also the cleansing balms come in recyclable packaging. It is stated that this cleansing balm is suited for all ages and all skin types too! If you're extra sensitive to fragrances, do note that there is a fruity scent to this balm.

I quite like this cleansing balm as the papaya enzymes definitely has helped to smooth, soothe and resurfacing my skin visibly within the first three days of use. Also, I feel the fruit extracts had helped to hydrate my skin post-wash too.

I hope you enjoyed today's blog post and found it to be useful! Will catch you very soon!


Love,



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig