Friday 18 January 2019

ZOEVA COCOA BLEND PALETTE REVIEW


If you're curious about my First Impressions/Review and Demo on this palette, I do have a video up on YouTube! Click here to watch it now;


A deep but short and snappy product review on this palette, should be up when this blog post goes up, I'll put a link to it here once it's ready!




A little somethin' somethin' on the eyes finishes off the entire face when complete with a lipstick. I've always loved the sight of eye shadows with their intricate compact cases with hidden compartments. It's like a treasure trove of pressed colored powders. The reminiscence of an 80's kid, me!

Fast forward to current date, eye shadows have refined their persona and color stories and of course, finishes! There are plenty in the market from lower to extreme high priced palettes. Zoeva in particular is a personal favorite brand of makeup brushes while I have a change of heart now. It was not until recently I would have anticipated Zoeva to have an outstanding eye shadow palette.

I took advantage of a store wide discount late last year when I had chanced upon Zoeva's Cocoa Blend Kit (the kit contains an eye shadow palette, a blush and highlighting palette, a lip pencil and a liquid lipstick), quite a number of products in this kit and it was really hard to pass so I grabbed while the discount lasted.





The eye shadow by itself comes with a moderate price tag of SGD 39.00 on the Sephora's official site. The kit was for SGD 76.00 and you can tell that it's at a great value! I was excited to check the palette out to see if it's really worth all the rave, it's been getting!

The eye shadow and face palette came in their individual sleeves and it each shade contains 1.5gms and there are a total of ten shades in this palette (4 mattes and 6 shimmer/foiled finishes) As I got done swatching and playing with the shadows to get a feel of the texture and color pay-off, I was stunned!

My absolute favorite foil finish is found in this palette and that is Pure Ganache, it's like 'moist gold' in an eye shadow form, I don't know how it's possible! The foiled and shimmer finishes has better color pay-off when picked up with fingers instead of brushes (probably the warmth of our fingers aids in lifting the compact shadow better)

The matte shades tend to have a tiny bit of dust especially with the darkest brown shade in the palette, noticeably similar with most matte shades in the market.




The colors play off and balance well with each other from this palette, I also enjoy the contrast between the neutral and cool undertones paired in this color story. Overall, I would recommend this palette for beginners (students and makeup beginners)

There's plenty of play opportunities with colors that makes it perfect for office makeup and students with it's neutral tones. You can definitely jazz your look up even further from office to after work parties and transition to a wedding guest look. This palette really is highly versatile.




I see how this palette can work across different complexions yet if your foundation shade is deeper than NC 42 and above, you may have to reach for transition shades outside of this palette. Another unique shade that I found to be of interest to me is 'Infusion' not a cool stark black but a charcoal grey-ish black that has gold and green sparkles in it that I foresee it to look stunning with different eye bases.

You can go for a black base for an intense sparkly smoke-y eye or experiment with different eye base shades.




A great buy and so, the next time you pass by a Sephora outlet.. Just go in for a swatch fest and I let you decide from the swatches to pick this eye shadow palette up or not! It's a gorgeous palette especially if you're South Asian and even if you're not!

That's it for today's blog post, I hope you found this review to be useful! If you did enjoy it, please don't forget to pin this post up on Pinterest and share it with your makeup junkies and friends.

I shall catch you very soon, in my next blog post!



Love,
Featured post on IndiBlogger, the biggest community of Indian Bloggers
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig