Friday 25 January 2019

ESSENCE VELVET MATTE LIPSTICKS REVIEW



Lipsticks are my superpower! They really are, a bold and bright hue can liven up my darkest days (yes, there have been a few). I love how transformative lipsticks are with their colors, finishes and texture.

On an easy makeup day, some lipsticks can double up as blush as well. Just a couple of stripes across the cheeks and our handy dandy fingers can easily mesh the blur out the edges for a quick blushed effect. Lipsticks are the first thing, my eyes land on whenever I visit my Aunties. Back then in the 80's gold bullets were popular, for me it was like a rectangle present awaiting my presence. I love twisting the lipstick back and forth and closely leaning into have a closer look at the curvature of the applicator. There is something about lipsticks that I cannot resist.

If you'd like to watch me yap more about the Essence Velvet Lipsticks that I had picked up and perform a First Impressions, then click right here to watch it.



Anyhoo, I was looking for mascara to stock up on when I had noticed that Essence had a new tiny shelf filled with new products. I have swatched a couple of their existing line of lipsticks, there is a glossy finish and their regular matte lipsticks, the swatches did not wow me. I had time to kill and so I reached out for the first shade, a rich bold red bullet called 'Red Velvet Cake'. Intrigued by it's unique shade name, I was stunned to see such an intense brick red on my wrist and so I reached out for two more shades that are my typical everyday kinda color.

Gosh! One swipe color delivery and by now, my heart is racing! Yes, only for lipsticks and colored pigments. I looked up the price on this velvet range and was shocked to see that they retail for just SGD 4.90, with a greedy grin. I picked up all three shades that piqued my excitement and interest to see how they perform.




The lightest of the trio picked up, is 02 Marshmalove. A pale pink with neutral undertone, on me it washes me out a bit. I can make it work with a darker toned lip liner to offset the pale appearance on my complexion.




Bullet no. 2 is 04 in Hungry Pink, like the name suggest it has a lot of pink in it with a pinky-berry undertone to it. Now, this shade is a color that will work fine on me without a lipliner and it's a beautiful shade for everyday wear. A muted soft pink with a mauve-y hue.




The color that got me reaching out for more! The last bullet is no. 09 in Red Velvet, boy! Pigmented almost way too much color to handle. I had expected that I may have to build the color in two or three more layers for the intensity I seek.

Not with this lipsticks, they deliver full-on pigment with just one easy light swatch and you're done! Boom! Such intensity and a light airy feeling on the lips, gone are the days when liquid lipsticks suck the life out of our lips, leaving it dull and cracked at the end of the day.

You would see that I performed a sip test where I sip water from my white Ikea cup to see if there is transfer (if any), how much (if there is). I was surprised to witness that not much had gone onto the cup and the lipstick still stayed intact on the lips with the same color intensity and soft feel.

For the price of SGD 4.90, these velvet lipsticks are a steal! I wish they have more colors than just six shades. They feel soft and smooth on the lips and importantly have an amazing color pay-off. Should you get your hands on these? Absolutely! 

I hoped you enjoyed reading today's blog post on Essence Velvet Lipsticks range if you did then please pin this article up on Pinterest!

I shall catch you very soon, in my next entry soon!


Love,
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig