Tuesday 30 October 2018

IT COSMETICS CC+ OIL-FREE MATTE PORE MINIMIZING FULL COVERAGE CREAM


Oil-free, matte, pore minimizing, anti-aging, hydrating with a spf rating of 40, all of these in one product? I'm in!

Who would want to miss out on these many skin issues addressing miracle product? Not me, for sure. Which is why I had to try this product out for myself to see if it meets my high standards of oil control and shine free backed with full coverage. Don't get me wrong, I love wearing makeup but with an oily skin type; my makeup's long wear is severely impacted by surface shine that can break down the foundation and other layered products. 


So you see my reason for excitement for this product, available at Sephora. This is IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Oil-free Matte Pore Minimizing Full Coverage Cream + Anti-Aging and Hydrating Serum + SPF/FPS 4- UVA/UVB Physical Sunscreen. Quite a large amount of claims on this skin perfecting product and hoped that it lives up to it's tall claims! Please now!

If you'd like to see me in action and talk you through this product review in details, then click here!

I awaited for the recent Sephora sale to place an order on this 'cream' and had made enough trips to various outlets to make sure that I have the right shade. I placed an order for 'Medium' that matched my neck. On Sephora's online site this product has just seven shades but I believe it has a total of twelve shades in-stores.

The product is priced at SGD 62.00 on Sephora's site (I highly suggest that we take full use of sale season, Black Friday hint hint) The foundation contains 1.08 US Fl Oz/32ml of product. Pretty steep, as most foundations on the average cost about SGD 50 (like Rihanna's Fenty foundation) and this is not the typical foundation.



I like the transparent plastic tube packaging that comes with a pump and cap. It has all the information on the tube with it's long list of claims. What's interesting is that the product is developed with plastic surgeons and dermatologists, is clinically tested and it's cruelty free.

Like refinery29's statement; 
Inclusivity is not a trend, but it is the most buzzed-about word in beauty right now — and it’s been a long time coming. With the comprehensive range of 40 shades Rihanna developed for her Fenty Beauty foundation hailed as an instant (and instantly sold-out) hit, the heat is seriously on for brands who have yet to catch up.

Rihanna dropped a mic on that front, for sure! Let's march towards, 'no more of fifty shades of beige'. Right back to the review on this cream now.


My first impression on this product was that the packaging is almost identical of a former all-in-one product I remember loving, a long time back. I believe it's from Missha except that I think it has a higher SPF rating of 50 with full coverage too.


The instructions on this product is pretty interesting as it's being marketed as a cream and not a high coverage foundation or concealer. It is mentioned on IT Cosmetics' official website that this product can be used as a foundation, concealer, anti-aging serum, moisturizer and sunscreen customizing based on our coverage needs.

I have been testing this product out on my face on top of my daily moisturizer and usual face primer and this 'cream' can last easily without any noticeable shine for about three hours. I typically would take notice of surface shine around the two hour mark but this cream seems to last slightly longer. Also to note, there is considerably lesser shine on my T-zone than most other matte foundations, I've tried.

I've tried the cream with a stiff buffing brush and I feel this is the best way to apply the cream instead of a beauty sponge as it takes quite a while to blend into the skin. It has a natural skin finish but I still set my under eyes, just in case.


The finish of this cream on me, gives a natural skin finish almost like a satin feel definitely not matte, at least not on me. The ingredients on this cream has a mix of a typical SPF active ingredients and clay which perhaps contribute to the sebum control aspect of this product. It also contains a whole load of skin benefiting natural oils and extracts.


The downside to this product is that it has a high amount of titanium dioxide of 7.4% that makes this product not photo friendly. This product will contribute to that ghostly pale cast in pictures but could come in handy for everyday makeup for office and school wear just not for special events and occasions. 

With that being said, it would be a whole lot nicer to witness their expansion in shades for variety. A better fit for all of us perhaps? This product is definitely a must try if you're someone with oily to very oily skin and/or mature skin. I have tried it out for about two weeks and have been really enjoying the coverage and feel of it.

Let me know if you'd be keen to try this product out and let me know.

I shall catch you very soon in my next entry, very soon!


Love,



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig