Tuesday 25 September 2018

COLOURPOP NO FILTER CONCEALER REVIEW


Being a beauty junkie, I can't stress enough the pressure of finding base products that will aid in keeping my face base flawless. Along with foundation, concealers too are quite tricky to man-oeuvre around with the varied undertones and shade match. It is no joke when I say that's it's quite the challenge! Yes, it is especially being a brown girl with oily skin type.. Not only I've to pick out the closest shade to my complexion but also worry about it's staying power in our hot and humid Singapore weather.



If you'd like to see the full on review and demo, then click the video below;


Colourpop has is a brand popular from as early as 2013 and is ever popular on social media especially Instagram. I recall one of the early products launched from this brand are their Lippie Stix and an extended collaboration with a couple of notable YouTubers followed by their single eyeshadows and cheek highlights. This brand has pretty much everything covered and you can head on over to their official website, right here!



This brand prides in it's vision, 'Beauty that doesn't break the bank' and that's an amazing call for a group cheer as we all know that beauty products from established brands can cost an arm or a leg. Long story short, I was in search of a good concealer that will help banish my pesky under eye darkness and camouflage my occasional breakouts. I had decided on giving this brand of their fairly new to the market no filter concealers.

I put an order from a Singapore re-seller, Lipstickqueen.sg on Instagram. This concealer is priced at SGD 11.00 per bottle and I haven't come across a price like this for a concealer and decided to jump on this chance and placed order for four shades Medium 26, Medium 28, Medium 30 and Medium Dark 30.


I received the package with this concealers, well bubble wrapped for extra protection. I instantly took note of the packaging that it resembles regular concealer tubes. The common acrylic packaging with the brand's logo and plastic top that has a paddle applicator tip that gives a nice bend during application.

It's application wand is not stiff and the concealer's formulation itself is comfortable, not overly drying or too emollient on the under eye area. If I had to compare it's formulation to another concealer, I would say that the Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer is drying comparatively. This has a nice blend of high coverage and hydration and it lasts for about four hours of wear time or until the foundation starts showing signs of surface shine and separation. 




Let's briefly discuss the shades selected for this review. Out of the four shades, despite looking almost similar or same from the tube, they had varied undertones. A peachy, a yellow and a cool undertone, quite bizarre for me. The variety of undertones offered from Colourpop's No Filter line is highly appreciative as it has a better fit for many more women of varied complexions and skin undertones.



Medium 26 has a golden warm undertone that suits me alright to cover up my under eye darkness

Medium 28 was previously called Medium 30 is a tad bit dark for my under eye and the rest of my face

Medium 30 is a neutral toned concealer for medium dark skin tones but works well to highlight the under eye area beneath my concealer

Medium Dark 30 is a neutral toned cool concealer for medium dark skin tones and looks too peachy on my complexion



Of all four colors bought, I like the Medium 26 and Medium 30 to conceal and highlight my face. The other two shades did not wear well on my medium complexion. The two other shades might better suit someone with a deeper medium skin tone.

The concealers also deliver a matte finish which is, what I look for and they have a decent amount of product in their tubes, about 4 grams worth of concealer. Pretty box standard, I  suppose. I personally like the wear of it, the lightweight formula, the staying power and most importantly the price tag on it. It's very important to me that it's a high a value product! 

I observed the concealers blend effortlessly and are crease free throughout the wear time! If I do have to compare from the other concealers, I have in rotation. One is from IT Cosmetics, Bye Bye Undereye and the other is from Sephora. It's smooth blend almost has me, in a confusion that it's a liquid foundation. It blends well in under two minutes, and I am not joking! It has a great blend motion, dab dab dab and it's blended where you want it, just like that!

No streaky finish when applied with a concealer brush and no settling into fine lines when used with a sponge! This concealer has got me excited for busy mornings with it's great finish! Despite the fact that it claims to be a matte finish, the formulation has white sapphire infused in it to gently bounce light lending a natural skin luminosity without looking dry and flat.

A makeup newbie or an experience makeup lover, I think you will love this concealer! Give it a try and let me know if you like it or not!

That's it for today's blog post and I shall catch you very soon, in my next one very soon!


Love,
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig