Friday 6 January 2017

Life Changing Things to Try in 2017 | THELEIAV


Hey Loves,

It's the first week of 2017! How're you holding up so far? I hope you're doing great!! This week I'm going to share the FIVE things I've discovered since taking a break to care for myself and my lil human being, Punky!

It's all too easy to get sucked into the New Year spirit, coming up with resolutions that doesn't quite make it pass February, well at least for some (like me!!) 


Sticking to a theme for the year has definitely worked for me instead along with these five tips, what do you intend to accomplish in 2017?

These small changes has definitely made a difference to how I see things on a lighter side of life in general. What are they? Keep reading to find out:)





Try Smiling

As simple as it sounds, I feel that we don't do it often and enough. Smile at your neighbor when they pass by, smile at the children you meet on your way to work. It may sound silly, just try and see how it makes you feel.

Take your eyes off your phones, make eye contact and flash your pearlie whites.



Pay Attention to the Little Things

During my work days, the only time I'd stop is to cross the road before boarding the train to work around 6.30am. I remember gazing up at the morning sky to, only to spot the rising sun and the moon together. 

Some other times, I'll be in awe looking at the morning sky with its different shades of warmth. It's like the sky is saying, "Have a Great Day, Everyone"

Look away from your hand held devices and appreciate the littlest of things in our every day life that often goes unnoticed.



Gratitude Journal

A personal favorite of mine, practicing listing ten things on the daily has helped to ground me. It has allowed to help me visually see what I have with me now than looking at others' with envy with whatever, they may have. With today's instant connection with social media, it's all too easy to feel like we don't have enough.



Meditation

Is another excellent way to ground ourselves, helps us to focus better and adjust how we respond to the environment around us. It greatly aids our body to breathe better, increases the quality of our sleep and gain a sense of overall calm.


Get Organizing

If you're scatter brained like me, experiencing trouble remembering and completing things. Organizing is the way for you, my friend!

By simply listing down the things that needs to get done each day and prioritizing the outstanding things for a later date or time. You'll be a go-getter in zero time! This helps to collectively put all of it down in pen and paper and serve as a visual reminder. 

Be it work, personal life or life goals, get organizing and list them down. All you need is a pen and paper, try it today!!

Immerse in the satisfaction of striking things off, on your to-do list!! Plus, if you're a stationery junkie, you'd probably have fun picking out your colors in highlighters, markers, post-it notes!!

I hope this post is useful, that's it for this week's blog post and I will see you very soon in my next one.


Love,


♥♥♥   Find me here!!!! ♥♥♥

Instagram: shanthiarumugam
Twitter: Shanthi Arumugam
Facebook: Shanthi Arumugam-Vimalan
Spotify: Shanaru6
Snapchat: shanaru6
Roposo: shanthivimalan
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig