Friday 29 January 2021

FENTY BEAUTY PRO FILT'R SOFT MATTE POWDER FOUNDATION REVIEW


50 foundation shades to choose from, what more can I ask for? Anything Fenty, I am thrilled to be on board, enough said!

I personally quite like the idea of powder foundation, I feel that it is better suited for my oily skin type before while it has taken the combination route (around the cheeks and sides of my forehead) perhaps the change in weather and aging like fine wine.

The Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Powder Foundation new to Sephora in 2021, retails for SGD 52.00



The packaging is pretty standard with most box standards, it comes with a compact beneath the foundation and a mirror that is big enough for face touch-ups on the go. I picked up the Fenty Beauty Foundation Brush 110 retails for SGD 54.00

I picked up the shade in no. 235, this matched my shoulders and neck, the closest. I tried five other shades before reaching this shade selection, I was recommended deeper shades, ranking higher in the number scale.

Clearly, not many have the experience of working with people of colour. Well, the shade 235 is described as medium complexion with warm undertones on Sephora. Sounds about right, I usually reach for mid tone shades with either an olive or a golden undertone!



I tested the foundation on one side with the foundation brush, it picked up the powder foundation and packed well onto the skin with maximum opacity. For powder foundation, skin prep has to be thorough and good. Skin needs to be cleansed well, hydrated, moisturized well as powder shows up wherever there are clingy dry bits.

Up close and personal, these areas appear to be cake-like and show product build up easily too. If you happen to have a concern with pores, you do need to go in with a good pore-filling primer and tap it in, a powder foundation may accentuate those areas. Now, that's not what we want!



I used a damp makeup sponge to apply the powder foundation on the other side, I.. How shall I say it? I liked the foundation brush side better. There was even coverage and I can throw it into my makeup bag for easy touch ups, whenever needed.

The sponge side offered a light to a medium coverage, that's okay too for a zoom meeting. I did still detect my natural skin imperfections peeking through. The upside is that I can choose to build coverage on areas where I need it, my concern areas are my jawline and neck. I tend to suffer from acne and post-acne scars in these areas.

My forehead for now is clear and there are no visible break-outs or uneven complexion hence a light dusting of the powder foundation would do.

While testing the powder foundation, I have applied the Make Up For Ever Matte Velvet Skin Concealer A new budge-proof concealer for that extra, much needed coverage. The powder seems to be one with the skin perhaps the excess gets dispersed into the air. Lightweight and undetectable, yes!

I have been testing for the past two weeks and I am happy to report that till the mask situation continues, I have a new powder favourite for the face. I still lightly need to set my under eyes though for my concealer beneath.

Hope you enjoyed my review on Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Powder Foundation in the no. 235.


Stay Safe!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig