Friday 22 January 2021

BY TERRY BAUME DE ROSE LIP BALM REVIEW



Masking is all the rage now, thanks to the pandemic! What bears the brunt of all the necessary mask wearing are our dried throats and extra dry lips. Today, I bring you a lip product review, a lip balm in fact. This product has been on my wish list for quite a considerable amount of time.

It kept toggling between, 'Do I want it?' and being out of stock, so very often. It was a fine coincidence when I was on the 'Yes, and I want it' lane in mind when I caught sight of the lip balm in stock at Tangs Department Store. I got it and I felt a slight strain on my chest when I saw the register flashed SGD 80.00 



Let me introduce you to my most expensive lip balm owned; By Terry Baume De Rose Lip Balm! This product is available at Tangs and Sephora

It comes in a beautiful circular lip pot with a frosted glass and a silver screw off lid. Everything about this lip balm screams luxury and there is a clear plastic for extra protection. If I had not mentioned already, it costs SGD 80.00 for it's only size of 10gms/0.35 oz in net weight.


This is the full ingredient listing of the By Terry Baume De Rose Lip Balm from the Sephora's official site;
Diisostearyl Malate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Synthetic Wax, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Methyl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Butyrospermum Parkii / Shea Butter, Stearalkonium Hectorite, C20-40 Acid, Parfum / Fragrance, Tocopherol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Titanium Dioxide [Nano], Rosa Centifolia Flower Cera / Rosa Centifolia Flower Wax, Rosa Damascena Flower Cera / Rosa Damascena Flower Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propylene Carbonate, Geraniol, Trihydroxypalmitamidohydroxypropyl Myristyl Ether, Citronellol, Alumina, Aluminum Stearate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Linalool, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Benzyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ci 75470 / Carmine, Citral, Eugenol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexylene Glycol, Citric Acid. (T0526a1)

The primary details are out of the way now so let's get into the product review. Is it overpriced? you may ask, I will have to scream back with an excited YES with a good reason to back it up. It performs in a way that no other lip balms that I've tried.



Firstly, the heavily or rather heavenly scent on this lip balm makes me feel like a movie star. It doesn't linger on the lips like the rest yet it does nourish, smooths out and regenerates the lips' surface. I say this with confidence especially when I slather this lip balm on my dried out the lips the night before to wake up to fresh, plumped and rejuvenated lips. It is different on my lips and I do quite like that it disappears without a trace. You can't feel or taste it, it feels silk going on your lips and there's no grit or or an oily slip.

There is no tacky or goopy residue on the lips, post application while it does take a while to loosen up when I dip my ring finger into the post to get the balm on my lips. Due to it's thick formulation, I don't quite find myself needing to re-apply in a day. It takes just one moderate application and I'm good for the rest of the day.



I do see how one pot could last me easily for a year hence I feel that's the advantage to this lip balm with it's pretty steep price tag. I gotta say that this is my one and only expensive lip balm that I have ever owned!

It also leaves a pale pink glaze over the lips if you're someone who likes such a finish. Should you get it? I feel you should, give it a go at the very least. There are lots of polarizing views on this pricey lip balm however I am leaning towards the positive end.



I hope you enjoyed reading today's blog post on the By Terry Baume De Rose Lip Balm. I shall catch you very soon in my next post soon!


Love,



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig