Sunday 8 November 2020

HUDA BEAUTY NAUGHTY EYESHADOW PALETTE REVIEW



 The all new Huda Beauty's Naughty palette was just released in less than a week now! You know I have that feeling; to post a review on this newness so here it is. An eighteen shadow palette with different finishes, NEW marble swirl finish with the standard large mirror and magnetic closure. This palette retails for SGD 106.00 and is available on Sephora.sg


It was an easy pick for me as I have been contemplating on all the three variants of the nine pan nude obsessions palette for a while now yet this one palette just contains so much more. During my play time with this palette, I love how the eye shadows complements my complexion well. 

There are powder, marble cream formula, shimmer and a lip gloss type shimmer hybrid; this however could be a potential deal breaker if the weather condition is not in your favour. The palette overall has a nice balance of warm and cool under toned shadows. They range from pink, lavender, mulberry, baby puke and peach like tones to it, this is how I would best describe it.


Swatched from the First Row are;

  • Filthy (a soft baby pink - matte)
  • Passion (pink and blue-y marble cream)
  • Shameless (metallic fuschia)
  • Please Me (antiqued gold with a pink finish)
  • Hypnotic (cool sand)
  • Hard (a warm tangerine)


Swatched from the Second Row are;

  • Untamed (burgundy matte)
  • Irresistible (metallic pink-y bronze)
  • Flower Power (sand and gold marble shimmer cream)
  • Rough (light coffee brown matte)
  • Spicy (deep burgundy matte)
  • Arouse (rusty orange brown matte)


Swatched from the third row are;
  • Slippery (bronze and berry shimmer hybrid gloss)
  • Tantric (yellow gold metallic)
  • Naughty (mahogany brown matte)
  • Provocative (bronze peach gold marble cream)
  • Desire (cranberry shimmer)
  • Juicy (deep peach matte)

For a neutral eye look lover like me, Huda Kattan has bought me over from the time I laid my hands on her Mercury Retrograde Palette! The colours are rich in pigment and deliver with ease, they do have a deliberate amount of kick back on the matte shades once the brush touches the pan. Just so you know, if you are not a fan of clouds of shadow landing on your vanity table or on your clean top!

Along with the trending red tea makeup look comes the glossy eyelid trend, I definitely see how the one hybrid shadow called Slippery is an intentional addition to this palette. Personally, never been one to try a high shine slip on the eye. I would probably want to slick this 'one' over the centres of my lips instead.

What's one thing that won me over is that this one eyeshadow palette has it all for me! A month long vacation, lol! 2020 does feel like a vacation in an odd way, I can use this palette, all year round. There are myriad of looks seemingly possible from this palette and user-friendly. I see this palette working across different complexions from the palest to deeper complexions like mine. There are more deeper matte shades in one palette for transition shades that most other palettes seem to lack hence this is a huge plus in my book.

I urge you to try this palette and give it a go if you are on the fence about it. 2020 has not been fun for many of us, this palette could potentially help you feel better in ways, you may have not known to exist. Just saying..

I hope you enjoyed reading today's blog post and I shall be sure to catch you in my next post, soon!


Love,



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig