Friday 14 August 2020

THREE LIP PRODUCTS I AM LOVING AT THE MOMENT!





Today, I am going to share with you my three top lip products that I have grown to like over the past months of intensive working from home! Times have been nothing short of change and challenges, the one good thing that came out of this new normal of 'working from home' is making the time for self-care.



It was finally time as I set down one day to get my act together, weave through my collection of makeup products, skincare, hair care products and the likes. Some I had got for the sole purpose to review for my Blog and YouTube Channel yet had long forgotten about it.


These products were shoved to the back in it's 'To review' basket and almost forgotten. Some classified as luxury makeup must have been consciously been less used and also overlooked, yikes! The challenges are plenty here!



The new normal of requiring 'masking' whenever leaving home has presented new challenges like remembering to stay hydrated and the often chapped lips. To my rescue and delight, three products I have been reaching for regularly whenever possible and necessary are;


  • Laneige Lip Sleep Mask
  • Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine
  • Yves Saint Laurent Tatouage Couture Liquid Matte Lip Stain



Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask


My first dip into this K-Beauty Brand colour filled tub of lip mask is a trending product, it is said to recover dry, cracked and chapped lips. Unlike other lip rescue products in the market, this baby is a lip mask to be used when hitting the sack.

It's a leave-on mask that soothes and intensely hydrates the lip's crevices and fill them in with it's rich and thick formula that glides easily. This lip mask is said to contain hyaluronic acid as well as vitamin C and other anti-oxidants infused to lock the moisture into the lips.

This lip mask is not the thickest I've owned and not goopy, it almost has a slight petroleum jelly feel between the fingers and I layer them on at night before bedtime and whenever I have errands to run and need to 'mask'. I don't wash/wipe this lip mask off, I just leave it on my lips. I quite like this lip mask a lot and I am glad that I caved into the hype.



YSL Rouge Volupte Shine 


This particular product has been on my wish-list for too long that I had absolutely needed to get it and it really intrigued me with it's formula and wear. I love the colour I got, a nude-y pale pink that adds a lot of shine onto the lips. It wears fairly well on the lips for a couple of hours if I do not pass any oil-rich food through it.

The formula on this range of lipsticks lean towards medium coverage, it is meant to look high shine almost and offer just a hint of colour. I like that this too glides with ease and leaves no sticky residue behind or when the lips are pressed together.

I opted for the lightest shade available at the YSL counter at Takashimaya, I actually was eye-ing for an even paler colour to try out however shades were limited in Singapore. I still very much love this purchase, a heavier price tag than most lipsticks I have. It is with good reason though, at least that is what I tell myself. Lol!



YSL Rouge Tatouage Matte Lip Stain


This matte lip stain closely resembles the Loreal Rouge Lip Stains yet it packs a lot more coverage and colour density. This too is tagged with a heavier price tag yet it comes with a beautiful luxe packaging and exterior. Imagine pulling this out from a evening purse at a formal black tie event, perfect to nail the Bond Girl look.

I like that the applicator wand on this lip stain has a slanted tip that has that 'cake frosting spatula's' flat sides to it. This makes it really easy to get the lip stain around the edges around the mouth and carefully move it around without getting too much product at one time.

The stain wears off beautifully after about the 2-ish hour mark, it looks like I had sipping wine or eating berries! Just the name on this, says it all! It stains the lips without leaving an unsightly or uneven worn out lip colour look. I appreciate the finish of the lip stain and the packaging! Happy person!

Hence, these are my top three lip products that have really caught my fancy at the moment! Since, we will never get this 'once in a lifetime' opportunity to work from home. I had decided to make the most of this phase and try out all products in my beauty stash.

There has been no better time than now for self-care and self-love! It's time, we make changes for a better future for ourselves and the world, we live in!

I will catch you in my next blog post soon!



Stay Safe!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig